Stuck in Namecheck

Originally Posted by Openarms said:
My attorney suggested suing USCIS and it might cost around $10k to 20k. USCIS will refund that amount if we win the case.
Your attorney will not let you win -:D, 10K-20K is a good amout.

I wrote a letter to a Senator and got a reply saying that they enquired USCIS and they will review my case accordingly...blah...blah......
I don't know why they can't follow up with FBI regarding name check

I called TSC using POJ today. A lady answered the phone. She was very nice. Initially she told me that my case is pending and is assigned to an officer. When I asked her about security checks, she told me that my name check is still pending, spouse's cleared, then I asked about our FP expiry and told her that we have not received 2nd notice yet.
For that she said they had ordered for 2nd FP on 04/27/07 but we have not
received any notice yet.

I also placed a service request on June 20. But no reply yet.

I am yet to write letters to Congressman, Senators and FL.
I have no clue how far that's going to help.

For those who are stuck in name check; do we have any hopes to get out of
this name check anytime soon?

Please share your thoughts to expedite the namecheck process.

EB3 - India (PD - Feb 2002)
I 485 RD - Sept 2005
FP1 - April 2005
FP2 - Not received any notice yet.
NO LUD on case till now!!

I had an Infopass appt on Friday last. The IO said security check is pending with the FBI. So what does this imply? Name Check?

I have read from other forums here that there are 3 kinds of security checks.

Take it from me

I had an Infopass appt on Friday last. The IO said security check is pending with the FBI. So what does this imply? Name Check?

I have read from other forums here that there are 3 kinds of security checks.

it's NC only, they call it 100 diff. names, the other 2 checks never takes time beyond a week.

My case is also struck in NC from oct 2006....

:confused:

PD: June 2001
485 ND: Sept 2005, VSC
Transferred to TSC: March 2007

:confused:

Recieved an e-mail today about "document mailed to my address".

Mind you though, I am stuck in NC (last confirmed on 6/22/7).

runninsloth...

This is indeed a very good sign for people who are stuck in name check.

Did you take any actions to clear your name check ?

What exactly did you learn about your case on 6/27/07 besides having stuck in name check still?

My name check was submitted on 3/9/2003. And received letter from FBI that it was in process in Mid May.

Wish you all the best.

Thank you.

Akbari

Yeap, same here

This is indeed a very good sign for people who are stuck in name check.

Did you take any actions to clear your name check ?

What exactly did you learn about your case on 6/27/07 besides having stuck in name check still?

My name check was submitted on 3/9/2003. And received letter from FBI that it was in process in Mid May.

Wish you all the best.

Thank you.

Akbari

it really gives some hope to all of us stuck in NC. I went to infopass this month starting, only to found NC is pending.. Hoping some miracle like runninsloth ......:D

Akbari,

I am not sure if my NC is cleared...however I did write to FL and FBI.
FBI responded on June 22nd about FL's enquiry in lots of words totalling to "you are stuck in NC, you poor schmuck".

Also, before I start to speculate, I do not even know what this document that they mailed is.
Could be an RFE...

Hi All,

What is Namecheck ?? - it might be a silly question, but I'm new to this forum, Can anyone kindly tell me, please. Thanks!!

Lu250

"Document mailed" might not necessarily be the same as "Card ordered". It could also mean that they've sent FP notice or change of address confirmation.

But if it actually turns out to be the GC ... then what could beat that.

Good luck!

MA,

It CERTAINLY is NOT APPROVAL NOTICE.

I have already recived the "address change" notice.

It may be a response to an earlier SR (openned sometime in April)...could be a FP notice...could be a RFE...could be a taunting letter about how fast may a sloth run...

Trust me!

Hi All,

What is Namecheck ?? - it might be a silly question, but I'm new to this forum, Can anyone kindly tell me, please. Thanks!!

Lu250

By not knowing what it is, you did a favor to yourself all these days... i.e avoided stress, anxiety, sleeplessness and what not...

Now by trying to know what NameCheck is i guess you are trying to to embrase all those that i mentioned above...

Anyway, search on this forum for "FBI Name Check" , and the links will take you to the 'HELL' , we all have been in... welcome to the HELL

Isn't it strange that all of them who are listed in this thread (name check issues) are still stuck. I think except for one or at the most two, none of them came out of this name check hell.