Stuck in Namecheck

Include me too. Name check pending since August 2006. Got reply from CIS ombudsman's and New Jersey Senator's office that name check is pending. Did not hear anything yet from First Lady. Senator's office said that they will place an FBI enquiry also. Let's hope for the best.

Am I the only unlucky person not to get information using POJ method.

I called twice today and both the times they said, they stopped giving information over the phone, we have to send referral through national customer service and they will reply to that.

POJ method - set of steps to reach a TSC rep.

dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4 you can talk with imm. officer directly

Am I the only unlucky person not to get information using POJ method.

Not to worry at all, you have company!

I tried the POJ method 2 days in a row, and thrice managed to get someone completely unhelpful on the phone. It's possible I got the same person, but then that's how my luck is. :)

So I've given up on POJ, and am relying on an Infopass appointment to get more information.

Trying to keep this thread alive!!

Guys, post here if any one from this thread gets their name check cleared or gets GC approved

Thanks!!

Count me in the background check/namecheck hell as well.
Got to know abt it in the infopass last week.
Don't know exactly when they initiated it , or is it definitely name check
IO said , it is pending in background check and only fbi will know the status/why it is pending etc..

I got my GC, but still waiting on my spouse, name check is pending on my spouse, since I am the primary applicant, I was approved.

I'm also stuck in namecheck. stuck since september 2006.
Any idea how to get out of this mess ? PD current (EB2 - row).

-affectedgapcap

RunninSloth,

Did you ever received a letter from USCIS stating that your case in under further review ? I have received it few days back and I am stuck in name check.

Thanks,

Stuck in the family of name check !!

RunninSloth,

Did you ever received a letter from USCIS stating that your case in under further review ? I have received it few days back and I am stuck in name check.

Thanks,

I am joing you folks ( name check stuck)

PD 05/07/2001
RD 01/12/2007

Name checked in H1B, is it again in I-140??

I stucked in name check when I went to Canada to get my H1B stamp. I had to stay there 2 weeks. Finally, they issued me visa and also note on my visa "Clearance Received on ......(Date). Consulate also assured me that I don't have to stuck in Name check again in future that's why they put that note on my visa. Now, I applied for I-140 and I-485. Do I stuck into name check again??
Please, share your experience who got name check on H1B visa appointment and later did GC process.

rnepal

Here is my ordeal and I am still stuck with name check.. come to know after Infopass.. they have request name check in Jan 2004... it is almost 42 months.... more than 1200 days....

1) I have contacted 2 senators and 1 congressman in my local area(Maryland), they all said same thing that they can not ask FBI to expedite the name check process. They sent me the status from USCIS web site... .. no help from here...

2) I have asked my Attorney to write a letter to FBI a letter... but first he insisted not to write and later after few weeks he wrote a simple letter asking USCIS the status... I don't know what good it can do..

3) Opened a Service Ticket few weeks back.

4) I have wrote letters Name Check Program division giving my details... no information from there???

Still I have not write to First Lady yet... I don't what good it can do...

I am pretty sure that my files some where in the pile of dust... they never even had a chance to look into it...I know that I have moved 4 different states during this ordeal... but it still should not take these many days... what do you think...

What else can I do to Trigger the Name Check File.....

RunninSloth: did you get any response from senator Mikulski please share.

Openarms,

I am stuck in NC...that is the resoponse from Sen Mikulski's office. That plus a few more words to fatten the letter up a bit.

Hudakchullu,

No, I did NOT recieve any response to my SR yet.

Both my husband and I are stuck in this name checks for more than three years.(since 6/2004). It is very frustrating. Talk to your lawyer see if it is possible for law suit. We talked to our lawyer, but the chance of winning the law suit is very small on our case. Anyway, we just have to be patient, we have tried writing letters, but so far no luck.
It is mix feeling to see others who filed later than you get approved, but what can we do, just keep trying, hang in there.

Both my husband and I are stuck in this name checks for more than three years.(since 6/2004). It is very frustrating. Talk to your lawyer see if it is possible for law suit. We talked to our lawyer, but the chance of winning the law suit is very small on our case. Anyway, we just have to be patient, we have tried writing letters, but so far no luck.
It is mix feeling to see others who filed later than you get approved, but what can we do, just keep trying, hang in there.

I agree. I am there too since 12/04. Tried everything but no luck so far.
I feel helpless and have no other option except to wait and wait for ever

My attorney suggested suing USCIS and it might cost around $10k to 20k. USCIS will refund that amount if we win the case.