stuck in name check in nyc

aiti

Registered Users (C)
Anyone stuck in name check in DO NYC

timeline is
n400 mail; aug 12, 2006
fp done aug 31 2006,
Id ,??????????????
please if anyone in same situation in ny or got any idea how long this name check thing usually take

aiti said:
Anyone stuck in name check in DO NYC

timeline is
n400 mail; aug 12, 2006
fp done aug 31 2006,
Id ,??????????????
please if anyone in same situation in ny or got any idea how long this name check thing usually take

Oh man, you only applied in August 2006 and you're already worried? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i saw today the timeline for nyc .People applied after me they got the oth
done.So thts why i was worried and wanna know that how long the fbi name check will do?

how do you that urs is in the name check process anyway? I am just in the process of getting the N-400 application ready and I don't know how the things work yet. Please let me know. Thanks.

How i know? I called the customer service and they told me that ur name check is pending

because of the name check mess you cannot rely on the original timeline. Name chack can take from 2 weeks to 2 years. I had my FP on 08/03/06 and got my Interview letter on 11/17/06, took about 3.5 months to clear my name ckeck at NSC.

I am stuck in the name check process too in NYC.. completed FP on 9/22 and no informations since.. Even did an infopass and was told they will get back when they are done with it....

I'm also stuck with namecheck. And I need to go overseas for 1+year in Spring 2007.... :(

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

wooying said:
I'm also stuck with namecheck. And I need to go overseas for 1+year in Spring 2007.... :(

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

Wooying I am in a similar boat, in fact I need to go overseas for 2 years. I am going to maintain my residence by keeping everything here going and move my address to a friend's place after the end of March which is when my lease ends.

This is all frustrating but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I spoke to a lawyer and paralegal today and one of them mentioned nothing can be done whereas the other one told me that if my name check is not completed in 90 days after FP (i.e. December 20th for me) then I could potentially take some sort of legal action.

I am just going to continue waiting now. Let me know what happens in your infopass appointment.

Still waiting. I have an infopass appt on Monday -- expecting to hear the same message about name check hell. Oh well.

NY District office is hopeless in terms of name check and interviews. It took them 17 months to schedule my AOS interview after it got transfered to New York. And for last 11 months, the status says pending security check completion.

Last time I went to NY office using infopass, I saw 1 very old lady applicant literally crying in the office in front of the immigration officer as it was taking them long to process her case (I don't know what the case was).

Atleast you N400 guys can sue after 120 days of interview.

Anyway to expedite the name check without filing the WOM ?

I am not surprised to see that I am not alone with such a common name that if i put in www.zabasearch.com it says too many " Too many HARPREET SINGH listings found! "

"Name Check" USCIS Or FBI They Should Come Up With Some Faster Way. It's High Time Now!

9-14-06 N-400 Mailed
9-15-06 Recieved By USCIS Nebraska Service Center
9-22-06 Recieved Application#(LIN#) Throgh I-797C
10-2-06 FP Schedled
10-25-06 FP Taken
Jan 07 InfoPass "Name Check Pending"
Mar 07 Contacted Senator's Office - Expedite Name Check Not Possible.
Name Check Clear - God Knows ?
Interview - God Knows ??
Oath - God Knows ???