Stuck in Name Check for 3 years

khadash

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My case is pending in Name Check for almost last 3 years. Is there any way to expedite this process.United nations,Saras76,Ginnu and others please advice as to what would be the next steps for me or is there no hope for people who have their name check pending.
EB3-India
PD:Oct 2002
I140-Oct 2004
485 Pending Since-Oct 2004
Transferred to Texas Service Center on March this year from Vermont Service center.
Please Advice
Thanks
khadash

Write a letter to First lady or senator or congressman or FBI namechekc deptartment ....Search this forum you get lot of info about namecheck pending.

Dont waste your time in writing

I have not seen a single case is been approved by approaching any political teams.

Will hang in there and see what happends ..

EB3 RIR (PD /10/02)
Xfer VSC to TSC
485 RCVD RFE on 06/07 for Paystubs and EVL
RSPNDed to RFE on 07/07
Called TSC on 7/27 lady says pending name check
Stuck in NAMECHECK

Same Here

I have been stuck in this stupid Name Check since oct 2003 approaching 4 years and tried every thing with no success.

It is a beurocratic mess and nothing to do with National Security as one can ask the question , what good is the name check if the person is alrady in usa and it takes 3/4 years to find out if he/she is a threat to national security?

I realized that mine is also stuck

Today I called TSC and they said that my NC is not cleared. Earlier during info pass appointment the officer said it was cleared in 2005. Not sure whom to believe. Mine is also stuck from Oct 2004.

When I called FBI, they said washington office is not entertaining any calls about name check and they will respond only to the IOs. This means if the IO really wants to process our case, they can call FBI and check the name check status and then they may act. This means IO is our god.:rolleyes:

Today I called TSC and they said that my NC is not cleared. Earlier during info pass appointment the officer said it was cleared in 2005. Not sure whom to believe. Mine is also stuck from Oct 2004.

Some IOs tend to say the case is stuck in namecheck simply because it may not be obviously visible to them. When I called today, the IO said the same thing: namecheck not completed. I asked if namecheck was initiated again for me, since it was already completed in 2004. She then continued to look and then found that namecheck *had* indeed been completed in 2004, and that wasn't the reason for the pending status.

My guess, and this is pure speculation on my part, is this:

IOs get information in screenfuls. Whatever information is not there on the first screen (presumably the most recent information), they assume that's the reason for the delay. I doubt that there's a field in the screen saying "this is the reason the case hasn't been adjudicated". There are just various items that need to be completed before the case is handed off to an AO to adjudicate. So the IOs have to guess the reason, based on what information is visible to the IOs. If you tell them namecheck was completed according to an Infopass appointment, they may (if they are kind and inclined enough) pursue it further by continuing to dig (probably into the next screenful of information) and find that the namecheck was indeed completed 2 years ago but this fact had been pushed off the first screen by more recent activity.

This is likely also the reason that some applicants got approved even though they were told they were stuck in namecheck - the IOs simply didn't dig back far enough to get the right information. In some cases, it may genuinely be the case that the case is stuck in namecheck. I would say that if an Infopass officer tells you that namecheck is completed, then most likely it is true.

As far as FBI checks are concerned, this is what I read from the "USCIS Transformation Program, Concept of Operations" document:

the FBI checks require Adjudications Officers to retrieve the data from a separate database.

Another quote regarding FBI checks:

FBI indices popular or "name checks" are initiated after USCIS inputs the data electronically and forwards it to the FBI. The request is associated with the application filed, rather than a unique identifier for the applicant, and USCIS is not automatically notified of name check results. USCIS must generate an inquiry to determine the status of a submitted name.

Not sure how much of this is true or exactly what is practised, but that's what USCIS says it does. In any case, I haven't yet guessed what would trigger USCIS to inquire FBI for the results of the namecheck, if USCIS does indeed have to inquire for each case.

Lots of theorizing above, I know. It would be nice if we knew what they actually did. :)

NC >4 years

The longest amount years for which Namecheck was stuck and that was documented was for six years for a gentleman here in the immigration portal site which means I am just half way there.
Thanks
khadash

Where did you find the operation document??? can you post the link??

Some IOs tend to say the case is stuck in namecheck simply because it may not be obviously visible to them. When I called today, the IO said the same thing: namecheck not completed. I asked if namecheck was initiated again for me, since it was already completed in 2004. She then continued to look and then found that namecheck *had* indeed been completed in 2004, and that wasn't the reason for the pending status.

My guess, and this is pure speculation on my part, is this:

IOs get information in screenfuls. Whatever information is not there on the first screen (presumably the most recent information), they assume that's the reason for the delay. I doubt that there's a field in the screen saying "this is the reason the case hasn't been adjudicated". There are just various items that need to be completed before the case is handed off to an AO to adjudicate. So the IOs have to guess the reason, based on what information is visible to the IOs. If you tell them namecheck was completed according to an Infopass appointment, they may (if they are kind and inclined enough) pursue it further by continuing to dig (probably into the next screenful of information) and find that the namecheck was indeed completed 2 years ago but this fact had been pushed off the first screen by more recent activity.

This is likely also the reason that some applicants got approved even though they were told they were stuck in namecheck - the IOs simply didn't dig back far enough to get the right information. In some cases, it may genuinely be the case that the case is stuck in namecheck. I would say that if an Infopass officer tells you that namecheck is completed, then most likely it is true.

As far as FBI checks are concerned, this is what I read from the "USCIS Transformation Program, Concept of Operations" document:

Another quote regarding FBI checks:

Not sure how much of this is true or exactly what is practised, but that's what USCIS says it does. In any case, I haven't yet guessed what would trigger USCIS to inquire FBI for the results of the namecheck, if USCIS does indeed have to inquire for each case.

Lots of theorizing above, I know. It would be nice if we knew what they actually did. :)

Thanks.... So as I understand this:

AO during adjudication process, has to manually query the results and update the system and file the paper in to individual files.

If case is in staging or sitting with AO - then its highly likely that call center and Infopass IO will see status as "Pending". That does not mean - its not cleared.... it may have cleared but not updated in the system.

Hi Sannams

Write a letter to First lady or senator or congressman or FBI namechekc deptartment ....Search this forum you get lot of info about namecheck pending.

hi my friend help me out
Hi hello my friends
I called TSC on today primary applicant name check (NC) it is pending
I don't know what happened last month when I called NC i s cleared and when I went to Infopass appt they said its cleared in last year in march..
but today I got different answer..
will they request twice or once...
please give your opinions
also if any body know how to write the letter to FL ... and including matter..
example..
it's really helpfull and appreciates.

AGAIN, dont TRUST IO / Customer Rep Answers ..

IOs, cutomer reps, in my case, proved ( to myself ) many times taht have really wrong information - some are just guessing... i stopped calling these guys...

About using Senator / Congressman... it really depends on the Senator /Congressman ... some are very sincere in helping us out.. and some are just doing it for the show... when we call them, talk to them, we need to guage how sincere/hardworking they might be - its like an interview... obviously not the Senator himself but the officer working with you..

I would suggest to try calling a few of them.. and pick one you think might be the most helpful... just googling and calling some phone number will not do good... remember these are politicians !