Stuck in a Crazy EAD Scenario, please help

RedLobster

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is to expire on the 20 th of Sept, that is less than a week from now.

I filed for my EAD in June 2nd and got it approved on 22nd, card was mailed but i did not receive the card (i only got the approval notice)

Waited for a month (till july 28th) and then filed an Replacement EAD Application on Aug 1st. Received the receipt notice on 3rd but still the case is pending.

I cant go to the local INS and ask for an interim EAD since my first EAD is approved and second(replacement) is only 45 days mature. I am to loose job in a week, what options do i have ?
Please suggest,
Thanks,
Senyorita

Go to infopass and make sure they have the right address. That happend in my case - they had simply switched digits from the address we submitted with the original application. Once that was sorted out we got the original EAD
since it had been returned 'undeliverable' (was your old EAD ever returned to USCIS?).

Check with your lawyer - there was something about working for 90 days with the approval notice. Not sure exactly - but it may be an emergency string at this point.

Also, they pretty much stopped interim EADs at local offices starting from Sept. 1st, so that wouldn't be an option either.

RedLobster said:
My EAD is to expire on the 20 th of Sept, that is less than a week from now.

I filed for my EAD in June 2nd and got it approved on 22nd, card was mailed but i did not receive the card (i only got the approval notice)

Waited for a month (till july 28th) and then filed an Replacement EAD Application on Aug 1st. Received the receipt notice on 3rd but still the case is pending.

I cant go to the local INS and ask for an interim EAD since my first EAD is approved and second(replacement) is only 45 days mature. I am to loose job in a week, what options do i have ?
Please suggest,
Thanks,
Senyorita

Last edited by a moderator:
When they renew the EAD, what is start and end date they give..

Is it from the original date for 1 year or is it from when you apply for a renewal?

gc_2006 said:
Go to infopass and make sure they have the right address. That happend in my case - they had simply switched digits from the address we submitted with the original application. Once that was sorted out we got the original EAD
since it had been returned 'undeliverable' (was your old EAD ever returned to USCIS?).
:confused: