YL date if any
your DO / Location

mine are as follow:
submitted N400 on 10/13/10
FingerPrint on 11/5/10
YL on 12/2/11
Still waiting IL
My DO is CHICAGO, IL
Called USCIS was informed that my case is pending FBI name check and background check. My case was requested for transfere to local office (on nov 18) but transfer was rejected by DO/Chicago since my name check is still pending.
Was asked to call after one week. the officer was optimistic that the name check will be done in one more week but not sure. Usually 98% of name checks are returned within the same day. 2% me included should be returned within 3 months of intial request.

please share your experiance here if you case is stuck at RFE for long time

You want to call waiting for a month being stuck at RFE? Are you serious? I want you to research on this forum, people have had their cases held for over a year, I don't see the panic which your post is soliciting. Sorry....:(

If any one is still stuck at RFE please share the following with us:
N400 Submission date
Fingerprint done date
YL date if any
your DO / Location

mine are as follow:
submitted N400 on 10/13/10
FingerPrint on 11/5/10
YL on 12/2/11
Still waiting IL
My DO is CHICAGO, IL
Called USCIS was informed that my case is pending FBI name check and background check. My case was requested for transfere to local office (on nov 18) but transfer was rejected by DO/Chicago since my name check is still pending.
Was asked to call after one week. the officer was optimistic that the name check will be done in one more week but not sure. Usually 98% of name checks are returned within the same day. 2% me included should be returned within 3 months of intial request.

please share your experiance here if you case is stuck at RFE for long time

First, you are not really "stuck at RFE". Your online case status shows that an RFE was issued, but that is simply how the fact than a fingerprinting notice was issued gets recorded by the online case status system. You are stuck in the FBI Name Check - that has nothing to do with a particular DO, and indeed the USCIS as such has little to do with how quickly the name check is processed.

Up until around the end of 2008 it was fairly common for people to be stuck in the name check for years (I myself was stuck for over 2 years). Since then the FBI has put more resources in doing the name checks and for the most part, long name check delays have become uncommon, although they still do happen on occasion.
The only real tool that you as an applicant have in forcing the name check to be expedited is to file a lawsuit if the case has been pending for unusually long. You can look-up the thread about lawsuits in this forum for more details, http://forums.immigration.com/showt...nst-USCIS-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-(Merged)

In practice, you should wait at least 6-8 months after submitting N-400 before filing a lawsuit. Hopefully, by that time your name check will have been completed anyway.

Another thing you could do in the meantime is to contact your congressional representatives (both the U.S. senators for your state and the member of the House of Representatives for the area where you live) and ask them for assistance in getting information about your case.
They will not be able to expedite a name check, but they will be able to get you more accurate and more substantive information about the status of your case than what you would get from INFOPASS appointments or service inquiries.

My case is being transferred for an interview y'all

I could not believe it y'all. Here is what I got when I check my case online. I am hoping the interview letter will follow soon.
Testing and Interview

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

My case is being transferred for an interview y'all

I could not believe it y'all. Here is what I got when I check my case online. I am hoping the interview letter will follow soon.
Testing and Interview

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

That is good news, as it means that the background checks, including the name check, have been completed. Now you just have to wait for the interview letter. Although the Chicago office is fairly slow in scheduling interviews, there is a bright side there as well. If you are from the Chicago area itself (as opposed to, say, downstate Illinois), you will be given an oath letter and date at the conclusion of the interview.