Stuck at RFE since Sep

Gihdir

Registered Users (C)
Any September/October filers here still waiting for transfer to local office / interview letter?

How long does it usually take to get the case transferred to D.O. after fingerprints? – I know each case is different but looking for a ballpark figure.

you are right, it's different from case to case.
For me, it took 10 days to have the file transfer to the local CIS office after FP

you are right, it's different from case to case.
For me, it took 10 days to have the file transfer to the local CIS office after FP

I'm on day 88 since I did my FP & day 118 since I filed my N-400.
NYC D.O. has average processing time of 5 months (~150 days). I'm starting to get a little nerves that CIS might have misplaced my file.

Should I wait till I’m out of the processing time range (which will be next month) or should I start doing something.
If the latter, what are my options?

I'm on day 88 since I did my FP & day 118 since I filed my N-400.
NYC D.O. has average processing time of 5 months (~150 days). I'm starting to get a little nerves that CIS might have misplaced my file.

Should I wait till I’m out of the processing time range (which will be next month) or should I start doing something.
If the latter, what are my options?

Hey Gihdir....I too am getting a little anxious about my case. Did FP on Oct 5 and have'nt heard anything since then. REF date is Sept 20, 2010.

Hey Gihdir....I too am getting a little anxious about my case. Did FP on Oct 5 and have'nt heard anything since then. REF date is Sept 20, 2010.

Hey mailbd2003,
Same RFE date as mine (Sept 20th) I did my FP on Oct. 6th..

It seems that we have similar time lines, could you please post back here if you get any updates on your case?
I'll of course do the same.

Anyone else with RFE dated September 20th, 2010 and is still waiting for Caste transfer/Interview letter?
(you can find out the date your RFE was sent by doing the case status check on USCIS.gov)

Hey mailbd2003,
Same RFE date as mine (Sept 20th) I did my FP on Oct. 6th..

It seems that we have similar time lines, could you please post back here if you get any updates on your case?
I'll of course do the same.

Anyone else with RFE dated September 20th, 2010 and is still waiting for Caste transfer/Interview letter?
(you can find out the date your RFE was sent by doing the case status check on USCIS.gov)

Gihdir....I recieved YL on Nov 6, 2010. NO IL or anything from USCIS after that. Maybe I will call tonight and give you an update.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gihdir....I recieved YL on Nov 6, 2010. NO IL or anything from USCIS after that. Maybe I will call tonight and give you an update.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

I also received YL, got mine Nov 16.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! :)

I also received YL, got mine Nov 16.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! :)

Gihdir......yesterday I played around with case status on USCIS website and checked about 350 cases. I was shocked to know that between 350 cases, there were only 5-6 cases which were stuck on RFE and ofcourse they were all dated Sept 20, 2010, we being the unlucky ones.
I did not get a chance to call USCIS yesterday, but plan to do so today for sure and talk to someone in Tier 2. If I find some useful information, I will pass it on to you.
Keeping my fingers crossed- for both of us. :)

Gihdir......yesterday I played around with case status on USCIS website and checked about 350 cases. I was shocked to know that between 350 cases, there were only 5-6 cases which were stuck on RFE and ofcourse they were all dated Sept 20, 2010, we being the unlucky ones.
I did not get a chance to call USCIS yesterday, but plan to do so today for sure and talk to someone in Tier 2. If I find some useful information, I will pass it on to you.

5-6 cases you say.. mhh when I checked the tracker couple weeks ago there were a lot more cases sent on the 20th... so maybe there's still hope for us.

How many more? I know when I checked, there were only 5-6 RFE cases. I hope you are right man! We may still have hope.
I did call USCIS and got the same answer again. They don't know what is going on. So we have to just wait it out. Maybe I will get an Infopass and see what they say. At this point I am little worried as I cannot think of any reason why my case is not cleared yet.
Maybe we will get our miracle! :)

5-6 cases you say.. mhh when I checked the tracker couple weeks ago there were a lot more cases sent on the 20th... so maybe there's still hope for us.

Okay.........I went a little overboard in checking case statuses. I checked 530 cases and I found total of 23 cases with RFE issued on Sept 20.
How many did you check and how many RFE's did you find?

Okay.........I went a little overboard in checking case statuses. I checked 530 cases and I found total of 23 cases with RFE issued on Sept 20.
How many did you check and how many RFE's did you find?

Lol.. I only went through maybe 100 - 150 and found 16 cases with that date.
Either way, that does not look promising for us :(

Lol.. I only went through maybe 100 - 150 and found 16 cases with that date.
Either way, that does not look promising for us :(

Oh, let's be positive. I checked 530 cases and found only 23 cases of RFE with the date of Sept 20. Apart from that, there were only 3 cases with other dates.
You had checked only 150 and found 16 RFE cases sometime back.
So it seems things ARE actually moving. Its matter of them touching our case, if they have'nt forgotten about us already! :))

Hi,

I am few weeks behind, which is your DO? From what I heard the next step is initiated from the DO depending on the number of cases in the queue.

Oh, let's be positive. I checked 530 cases and found only 23 cases of RFE with the date of Sept 20. Apart from that, there were only 3 cases with other dates.
You had checked only 150 and found 16 RFE cases sometime back.
So it seems things ARE actually moving. Its matter of them touching our case, if they have'nt forgotten about us already! :))

Hi,

I am few weeks behind, which is your DO? From what I heard the next step is initiated from the DO depending on the number of cases in the queue.

My DO is Greer, SC. Are you sure that DO initiates the next step?
What is your DO?

I just called USCIS, the lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful.
She first asked me for my case information and determined that I’m still within the processing time of my DO.
I mentioned to her that my case is getting close to the 5 month mark and I’m a little worried that it might be stuck.
She asked if I received the document check list yet, to that I replied that I’ve only got the yellow letter asking me to bring my state ID, and nothing since.
Once she found out that my yellow letter was received back in November, she told me that I should have been scheduled for an interview by now.
She then said that normally she would transfer me to someone in a different department who could help me, but that nobody was there today.
I was advised to call back tomorrow.

So I’ll certainly call them again tomorrow and hopefully I can get my case moving again.

I just called USCIS, the lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful.
She first asked me for my case information and determined that I’m still within the processing time of my DO.
I mentioned to her that my case is getting close to the 5 month mark and I’m a little worried that it might be stuck.
She asked if I received the document check list yet, to that I replied that I’ve only got the yellow letter asking me to bring my state ID, and nothing since.
Once she found out that my yellow letter was received back in November, she told me that I should have been scheduled for an interview by now.
She then said that normally she would transfer me to someone in a different department who could help me, but that nobody was there today.
I was advised to call back tomorrow.

So I’ll certainly call them again tomorrow and hopefully I can get my case moving again.

That is great Gihdir! That sounds really positive. Good luck!

That is great Gihdir! That sounds really positive. Good luck!

Thanks Mailbd. I just called them again, and got transferred to 2nd level agent.
I once again explained that I have received the YL back in November and haven't gotten anything since.
First thing the agent asked me was “where do you live” (what’s my D.O), the moment I said NYC, he said “that’s what it is... we have a 4 month delay in that office!” I was shocked!.. he said it will take 4 months from the time I did my biometrics to the time I’m scheduled for an interview, so by my calculation it should be sometime in Feb.. Well at least I know now that it's not just me. o_O
I'll update as soon as I get the IL, till then it's a waiting game.