Stuck at NC? Read this

hyyz

Registered Users (C)
I found this on Murthy's website:"Ombudsman Addresses Excessive Name Check Delays". What do you think? Shall we trust it?

Link:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_ombadd.html

Expect Resolution of Certain Name-Check Delayed Cases

According to Mr. Khatri, we should soon see some positive movement in the clearing of the backlog of cases that have been pending name checks for 33 months or longer. The USCIS and the Office of the Ombudsman have been working closely on this problem and there is some hope that the USCIS will soon dramatically decrease the number of cases pending due to security checks in the immediate future. While the Ombudsman appeared quite positive on this matter, no specific dates or deadlines were provided.

I found this on Murthy's website:"Ombudsman Addresses Excessive Name Check Delays". What do you think? Shall we trust it?

Link:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_ombadd.html

This is not new, murthy.com just cites latest Ombudsman's report:
http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1183751418157.shtm

Unfortunately, Ombudsman can only make recommendations to USCIS, and then it's up to them to decide whether they are going to implement them or not. If they choose not to implement, there is nothing the Ombudsman can do.

koku1,

What interested me is that the Ombudsman held a teleconference on July 20 and apparently revealed some recent progress. Read the paragraph I quoted. I don't think it was mentioned in the Ombudsman report. Mr. Murthy must have got this info from the teleconference, not from the Ombudsman report in June.

koku1,

What interested me is that the Ombudsman held a teleconference on July 20 and apparently revealed some recent progress. Read the paragraph I quoted. I don't think it was mentioned in the Ombudsman report. Mr. Murthy must have got this info from the teleconference, not from the Ombudsman report in June.

hyyz,

You are right, I should've read the link more carefully. Thanks for pointing out to the teleconference! Well, then this may be a confirmation of a rumor circulated on this and other sites that CIS went ahead to approve cases without waiting for NC results if other checks (FP, IDENT, IBIS) came out negative. Could be a good news for all of us stuck in NC

My guess is that USCIS may voluntarily expedite the NC for long NC pending cases. This is my reading of the info Mr. Murthy relvealed. May be they first expedite NCs for those pending for over 33 months? If my guess is right, I'll be among those lucky ones. My NC has been pending for over 42 moths.

My calls to NSC IOs also lead me to this. During week of 7/16 (on 7/19 & 7/20?), I called IOs twice. Both time, I was told 'security checks pending'. Then, last week on 7/27, I called again. This time I was told 'my case is in the staging area waiting for officer to review'. If they did say the truth, I think something is going on. Of course, anything could happen in USCIS. Who knows if they are telling the truth.

My NC is pending too

Hi,
My name check is pending since may 2004. my PD is 2002 october and RD is 2004 april. i called recently, they told me that they cant do anything till my NC is cleared.

Venkat

i also was told that my file is with an officer but NC is pending and she was not sure whay but said i have to wait for NC clearance. i don't think file being with an officer means anything

Any idea how many time NC will be initiated once or twice?
Will they do again Namecheck by giving 2FP recently since FP is 15th month valid.
any info....

shahramt,

My reasoning based on Mr. Murthy's info is that USCIS still requires NC to be cleared to approve a case, but they may be expediting the long pending NCs. If this reasoning is right, what the IO told you is still correct. Our hope is that USCIS will approve these cases sooner.

Of course, this is just my reasoing based on the info I read at Mr. Murthy's site. The reality might be different.

This may be true- can't say for sure. My NC was pending last month and this month on July 24th I get Card ordered email and again on July 27th, case approved.So they might be clearing up very old cases. Haven't received anything physical though:(
My PD Nov 2001, EB3 India
RD Dec 2004
CSC->NSC Mar 2007
NC Since ....? Not sure still cleared or not.

If it is true, that is really great to get approved after 33 months of pending name check.

How to find since when my name check is pending? Only 2 weeks back I found my security check is not cleared but didnt know when they started processing it. Is it based on I485 RD ?

getmeone,

From what I heard, NC is initiated right after USCIS receives an I-485 application. So, it should be very close to your I-485 RD. You can see my signature for an estimate. I knew my NC start date from senator inquiries.

hi,

It will be greate, if this is correct. My NC is pending since March 2003. i.e more than 53 months.

-----------
PD May2001 EB2
Rd Nov 2002

shahramt,

My reasoning based on Mr. Murthy's info is that USCIS still requires NC to be cleared to approve a case, but they may be expediting the long pending NCs. If this reasoning is right, what the IO told you is still correct. Our hope is that USCIS will approve these cases sooner.

Of course, this is just my reasoing based on the info I read at Mr. Murthy's site. The reality might be different.

i hope this is the case.

i had an lud today on my 485 but it can be because of the other two applications (ap and ead) that i have and they should be approved any day. sometimes they touch one application and lud appears on another one.

i used to be an optimistic person but uscis made me the opposite!