stuck at namecheck or not yet?

antonioa77

Registered Users (C)
I had an infopass apointmnent lately. i knew there that my FP has been received by TSC the same day i did it although there is no LUD.

the bad thing is that my namecheck has been received by FBI on 11/02 and it still pending by 11/17.does this mean that i'm stuck in namecheck or 2 weeks are not enough to clear the namecheck?

The NC process takes anywhere from 2 days to 2+ years. I have been stuck with this for 16 months now. Hope, your case gets cleared soon. All the best.

BTW, FP and NC are two different process and they are not linked by anyway

How did you know that your name check has been initiated and pending? I used 1800 number, the representative was saying that it wouldn't be shown on her screen. How to reach right person to get the nc/bc details? Appreciate any help.

How to find out if stuck at Name Check

I found from the FBI office that the finger printing has been processed. How do you find out if the application has been sent for name check? Is Name check the last stage and you get the green card once this is approved, or is there some kind of interview before that?

PD July2002(will be current Dec 2006)
RD Jan 2003
EB3 worldwide
Name check pending since March 2003 and is still pending as of Nov 2006 thru senator inq
so no hope even after a long wait

luckyone2000 said:
The NC process takes anywhere from 2 days to 2+ years. I have been stuck with this for 16 months now. Hope, your case gets cleared soon. All the best.

BTW, FP and NC are two different process and they are not linked by anyway

EB3
PD - Feb 2000
140 AD - Oct 2004
485 RD - June 2005
FP - 10/15/05
Name Check Request Submitted: July 2005
Name Check Cleared: ???
485 LUD: 10/18/05, 08/10/06, 08/11/06
485 AD: ???

it looks your case is current !!! but just because of name check, you are not approved ??

mani_007 said:
PD July2002(will be current Dec 2006)
RD Jan 2003
EB3 worldwide
Name check pending since March 2003 and is still pending as of Nov 2006 thru senator inq
so no hope even after a long wait

You beat me to it Mani... Although my PD is older than yours and I have been current for 5 months now, your name check is pending longer than mine by 4 months.

What do you intend to do ? WOM ?

i called USCIS today and they told that my namecheck is still pending. see my signature. does this mean that i'm offcially stuck in this FBI namecheck hole or not yet?

anybody had his namecheck cleared in few motnhs after the submission? or it is either 2 weeks or 3 yrs nothing in between?

I went to the local USCIS office today (on infopass appointment). They say that my FBI background check was initiated on June 1, 2006 and is still pending. The I-485 receipt date is May 24, 2006. There is no indication on when it's expected back from FBI, but the lady told me she had seen some background checks pending for 3-4 years... I just hope it won't happen to me.

Given so few recent approvals, I'm wondering if everybody is stuck in FBI background checks these days...

NYImmigrant said:
You beat me to it Mani... Although my PD is older than yours and I have been current for 5 months now, your name check is pending longer than mine by 4 months.

What do you intend to do ? WOM ?

no idea ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week when I called the customer service they said my file is with the officer for review and they said my name check cleared. But, my LUD never changed and it changed on the day I went for FP and on the next day.

Dose this mean I am almost there for approval?

-------------------------------------
P.D: Current, EB1C, India

I-140 RD:09/2005, Transfered to NSC from VSC 07/06 RFE: 09/06, RFE Replied: 10/26/2006 AD:10/30/06

I-485 NSC
RD:08/10/06
FP: 10/27/06
LUD:10/27 and 10/28

maheshwar said:
Last week when I called the customer service they said my file is with the officer for review and they said my name check cleared. But, my LUD never changed and it changed on the day I went for FP and on the next day.

Dose this mean I am almost there for approval?

-------------------------------------
P.D: Current, EB1C, India

I-140 RD:09/2005, Transfered to NSC from VSC 07/06 RFE: 09/06, RFE Replied: 10/26/2006 AD:10/30/06

I-485 NSC
RD:08/10/06
FP: 10/27/06
LUD:10/27 and 10/28

Yes.... it looks like that way

maheshwar said:

Can you get Namecheck Status by calling customer service now? Is there a specific sequance of dialing to reach to the person providing namecheck status?

FYI, MY only LUDs on 485 are associated with FP and nothing afterwards. Also, there is no LUD on 140 at all. Further detail can be found in my signature.

Did my monthly call to NSC and still have a pending background check! :(
To reach NSC (or the center where you case is), after you listen to the case status press 3, then 4 (the option where it asks if you have several cases together and you heard about one but not the other or something like that).
Good luck!

prq20 said:
Can you get Namecheck Status by calling customer service now? Is there a specific sequance of dialing to reach to the person providing namecheck status?

FYI, MY only LUDs on 485 are associated with FP and nothing afterwards. Also, there is no LUD on 140 at all. Further detail can be found in my signature.

When you call the Nebraska Office for your NC clearance, Do you get and LUd on your 485 or 140 to reflect the same?

Never had LUD changes after calling NSC and I have called them many times. I think for the LUD to change they have to do some sort of work on your case; just by looking at it (I think) won't change LUD.

prq20 said:
When you call the Nebraska Office for your NC clearance, Do you get and LUd on your 485 or 140 to reflect the same?