Stress after Passport Stamping! anyone has similar experience? any thoughts?

fu485

Registered Users (C)
After 3 years waiting, finally we got our approval and PP stamped last week .

I think it sounds a little Paranoid, but two days after stamping I realized that the officer might give us the wrong forms for signatures and fingerprints for plastic card processing. She might have me signed and fingerprinted on my wife's form, my wife signed and fingerprinted on mine form. She didn't ask us to check the forms before we signed them.

I am not sure about that, now just have to wait and see with this question mark in my mind untill we get the cards or letters. Can anyone tell me what will happen if this did occur? anyone with similar experience?

I really hope there will be no troubles anymore at this final stage. Anyone can help to ease my stress?

Thanks a lot.

First off, please don't stress. If the cards are delayed, remember this: you still have a green card. That's all that matters. Your passport stamp is proof of your status, and you can renew it if the cards don't arrive in 1 year.

I haven't heard of any stories like your, but given USCISs sheer incompetence, it's not unlikely. I would guess that they should have our fingerprints on file and if they notice a mis-match they'll issue a notice to appear for another FP. It's they're error, so I would think the worst thing that could happen was a delay in getting your plastic cards.

rgds,
sadiq

Thanks, Sadiq.

Do they actually check the fingerprints on card processing form to match the preivous ones they have on file before they produce the card?

Anyone knows anything about that?

I wouldn't worry even a bit for this.

The best case that could happen here is that BCIS would realize their mistake and ask you to return and sign forms / FP again.

And the worst case is that you could receive cards with your signatures and FP on your wife's card and vice versa. In this case too you can request the correction.

I know its an unnecessary hastle but don't give a hoot to it, relax and enjoy your FREEDOM !!! :)

Thanks

Thanks guys,

As long as INS can realize its their mistake and do not think it's a fraud or something from our side, I think I can accept that.