Strange sitution Greencard/citizenship/ Fiancee visa

karsh

Registered Users (C)
I am a greencard holder.
Applied for citizenship in Jan2005, got fingerprinted.
I got married in june 2005.
No idea when will i get the interview call for citizenship as i have asked INS office, but you know their answer.. it will take its time.
now my wife is back home in india.
if it takes long time for the interview, can i try and get her here on visitors visa for 2 months as she is still studying so she needs to go back to india, She has visitors visa interview date on oct20th.
so if it gets rejected ( of which the possibility is more) that is fine, but my also concern is once i get citizenship, what is the procedure for me to bring her here? is it going to be tougher bcos she applied for visitors visa before and got rejected/approved??
suppose she is not approved for visitors visa, then how can i bring her at earliest provided i get my citizenship? also am i still valid for applying a fiancee visa??

as of now her passport is in her maiden name.
PLEASE SUGGEST...

THANKS IN ADVANCE>>

Karsh,

I'm in almost the same situation!! The fastest way would be to file though DCF (district counselor filing) in delhi. There is a thread on that under K visas but you have to go to india and stay there for 60 days before you can apply. The process takes 1 - 2 months (from what i've read in other people's posts). Let us know what the outcome of your wife's interview is. You applied for citizenship in Jan and you haven't heard anything. I'm just curious to see which district office do you fall under.

thanks for the response.
I am in Ct.
so what do you say, can i take a chance of visitors visa for my wife??
i am ready to take that chance, the only thing i dont know is if she get rejected, its not going to affect her when i try to bring her once i get my citizenship.
I thought the fiancee visa is for citizens only. but does it include also also the people who are already married??
Thanks

I am in same boat. My interview is in 2 weeks. You can only apply for K3 visa (fiance visa is k1) or the DCF route like the other poster mentioned. Your wife would not get the visitor visa as you are here. She could have doen it before getting married.

What's DCF? Can anyone give some additional info ... I might be facing similar situation as the original poster.

Is K-1 for spouse and K-3 for fiance(e)?

Where does form I-130 (Petition for Alien relative) fit in this whole scenario? Is that the same thing as K-1?

Thx in advane for helping out on these simple questions.

karsh,

Are you waiting for Interview or Oath?

Hartford DO is already scheduling interviews for July, 05 cases . It is odd that you have Jan, 05 PD and have not still recieved Interview Letter.

Also there is a thread to track Hartford DO timelines. Could you pls post your timelines in that thread.

DCF+Fiance-Citizenship = Confusion.

:eek: Here is the thing for Karsh and all other people,

Karsh,
Before she go to embassy for visiter visa. You need to check the DSL form from the embassy and find out that Does it required to fill out information such as your wife ever try to apply for visiter visa and if yes then "Did she get reject of approve?" there is a reason behind it. Once she will try it then if she dont get it. and when you really ready to apply for her. They do some time ask those kind of question in Form I-130,I-485, or the packge3 that she will received when her file is ready for Interview. Download those FORMs and read the Instruction and see what info do you need to fill out.
**this is just my thought you dont have to take as a advise.

Also, nows a day, Citizenship getting delay and its very hard to predict when your interview will arriave. In my case it took me 2 yrs to get Citizenship and i wait for that dammmmmmm 2 yrs. I was married that time and my wife wait at India for 2 yrs. but the good thing is when she arrived she received her 10yrs permenant GC. If you file and Delhi and if your marriage Anniversary is less then 2 yrs then you will receive only 2 yrs conditinonal GC.

Thats another fact.

But dont know let me just leave you with this few thing and if you have question post it or emai it. oky
bye
Good luck