Strange situation - Please advice

meena05

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I accessed USCIS web page and found that my I-485 has been approved (got emails too). However, my I-140 did not show any change (never got any emails).

I called USCIS and asked for their comments on this situation. They said that my I-140 was approved couple of months back and asked me to check back with my employer. They also said that it is impossible for the I-485 to get approved before I-140. My employer has not received any I-140 approval.

The USCIS person asked me to file a form to get duplicate I-140. It sounded like A2 form but I am not sure.

Has my case been approved from the above description? If you know the form I need to file to get duplicate I-140 could you indly share it with me.

Your comments/suggestion will be very useful.

Thanks

EB1 EA, TSC, June 2004

Whya re yo even bothering with your I-140 approval? Get the I-485 approval notice, get your passport stamped, and wait for the GC. I have heard that the GC is even mailed to your home address without PP stamping in some areas.

Thanks Tony403

Tony403:

Thank you for your kind reply.

The lady I talked to told me something like your cards will be mailed to you in 45-60 days. I talked to one of my friends and he said that does not make sense and said something like making an infopass appointment and getting the passport stamped at the local office.

If I were to go to the office and I do not have the I-140, is that ok? As they should have my case updates on their system (or) Will they refuse to stamp my Passport?

Thanks Again

You do NOT need any evidence of an approved I-140 for PP stamping. Your I-485 approval notice should tell you if you need to do PP stamping, or whether your GC will be mailed to you directly. You are done with your GC journey. Sit back and enjoy!

I got passport stampped few days ago.
(1) schedule an appointment from InfoPass
(2) documents needed
approval letter of I485
all documents (EAD, AP etc) issued from INS
passport/I94
2 photo

the letter about I140 is not needed

Tony403 and getfuture

Tony403 and getfuture:

Thank you for your replies.
Will wait for my I-485 confirmation letter by post.

Last edited by a moderator: