Strange RFE

jatinder_kaur

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Someone in our office has received the following RFE:

<b>Secondary evidence of birth </b>

He submitted affiadavit from his parents + Non availability certificate, since original certificate was not available.

Any Idea what he should submit?

Thanks.

I had the same RFE (required school certificate with date of birth)

wac-02-033
RD oct'01
ND nov'01
FP mar'02
RFE oct'02

Still waiting for approval :(

INS is trying to gain time, nuthing else,they just send out RFE's and gain 2-3 months to avoid the frantic calls and faxes...
I dont think they actually go through the RFE replies, next u know they mite ask for a proof of ur existance...

jatinder_kaur,
When some one submitts affiadavits inplace of actual/official birth certificate then they also need to submitt another offcial document showing the birth date. School certificate (birth date shown on it) or church record etc. is sufficient for this.
-PCee

I think

they need two affidavits .. one from parents and the other from
another relative..in addition to the school cert.

Originally posted by PCee
jatinder_kaur,
When some one submitts affiadavits inplace of actual/official birth certificate then they also need to submitt another offcial document showing the birth date. School certificate (birth date shown on it) or church record etc. is sufficient for this.
-PCee
It is only for harassing people. Why cant they use the copy of the passport thats already available with AOS application and has the date and place of birth?

It is mistake of attorney. INS requires secondary evidence in addition to affidavit in case birth certificate is not available OR there is incorrect information in birth certificate.