Strange response from USCIS

brewtus

Registered Users (C)
MY I140-NIW has been pending with TSC since Jan 12, 2007. I wrote to my Congressman and my Senator.

My Congressman's office was told that we should hear something in 30 days.

My Senators office was told that fingerprints are not done and that I should receive a biometrics appointment letter in 30 days.

My application is non-concurrent. Aren't fingerprints collected at 485 stage? Has anyone got similar response?

Will they now finally keep their word and give a decision in 30 days since a Congressman is inquiring?

Thanks

Brewtus,

I submitted my application to the NSC but am currently living in California. I also want to write to a congressman/senator. I am wondering what does such a letter include?

Thanks.

Hi Brewtus,

I guess we are the very few unlucky cases in TSC. I had exactly the same situation as you: my EB1A I140 has been pending at TSC since Jan. 19, 2007. I did several service request and talked to IO several times, and my lawyer also called several times, none of these helped.

I wonder what you wrote in your letter to your congressman and senator, if possible, could you share some of this information. I think I also need to have more aggressive action on this.

Thanks and good luck to both of us!

gc_er

Forward Message

MY I140-NIW has been pending with TSC since Jan 12, 2007. I wrote to my Congressman and my Senator.

My Congressman's office was told that we should hear something in 30 days.

My Senators office was told that fingerprints are not done and that I should receive a biometrics appointment letter in 30 days.

My application is non-concurrent. Aren't fingerprints collected at 485 stage? Has anyone got similar response?

Will they now finally keep their word and give a decision in 30 days since a Congressman is inquiring?

Thanks

i did not write anything special. It was a one page letter. I indicated that I am a legal resident. I told him what the issue is and what steps I have taken prior to contacting him. I then wrote one paragraph about my background and pointed out that the case is filed under NIW and not the general EB2 category.

I listed my receipt number, dob, ssn.

In one or two lines i requested him help me.

Thats all. Straight forward and to the point. I also attched my CV for his reference

Thanks!

i did not write anything special. It was a one page letter. I indicated that I am a legal resident. I told him what the issue is and what steps I have taken prior to contacting him. I then wrote one paragraph about my background and pointed out that the case is filed under NIW and not the general EB2 category.

I listed my receipt number, dob, ssn.

In one or two lines i requested him help me.

Thats all. Straight forward and to the point. I also attched my CV for his reference