Strange response from USCIS after I filed Mandamus

haipan77

Registered Users (C)
I submitted I-140/I-485 (Eb1) to CA center in June 2004 and my I-140 got approved in Feb 2005. However, my I-485 got stuck for two years. I filed Mandamus complaint in Jan 11, 2007 and got this VERY STRANGE email today:
On January 25, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.
Anyone in similar boat?
Why do they need to inteview me? my case is EB1 case
Why in Nebraska? I live in LA.

please help me..................................

Hai

get an infopass

Stating the obvious, I guess infopass may bring some clarity to this. I do'not think WOM has anything to do with it atleast at the moment (just 20 days from WOM filing). Just my 2 cents ..

BTW, I am also in LA area, I also filed the WOM on 12/22 and folks served the summons around 01/8. My case is with Central District court, southern division (in Santa Aana)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, they invite applicants for interview....(rarely for Employment Based cases of I-485 as I understand)...
For interviews, they typically will transfer the case to the nearest local office...I understand...so, I guess this is just usual procedure....

where is your employer located?

haipan77 said:
I submitted I-140/I-485 (Eb1) to CA center in June 2004 and my I-140 got approved in Feb 2005. However, my I-485 got stuck for two years. I filed Mandamus complaint in Jan 11, 2007 and got this VERY STRANGE email today:
On January 25, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.
Anyone in similar boat?
Why do they need to inteview me? my case is EB1 case
Why in Nebraska? I live in LA.

please help me..................................

Hai