Strange response from USCIS after I filed Mandamus

haipan77

Registered Users (C)
I submitted I-140/I-485 (Eb1) to CA center in June 2004 and my I-140 got approved in Feb 2005. However, my I-485 got stuck for two years. I filed Mandamus complaint in Jan 11, 2007 and got this VERY STRANGE email today:
On January 25, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

Anyone in similar boat?
Why do they need to inteview me? my case is EB1 case
Why in Nebraska? I live in LA.

please help me..................................

Yes, many EB1 and EB2 (NIW only) need to have interview, this is normal. EB2 with LC and EB3 normally do not need interview. Your WOM may trigger the interview. Just wait for the interview notice which will indicates the time and location of interview. If you have an attorney, ask him/her.

haipan77

this is not strange. you can call it progress. EB1 & EB2 mostly need interview. so do not worry be happy.

good luck

gogi274

haipan77 said:
I submitted I-140/I-485 (Eb1) to CA center in June 2004 and my I-140 got approved in Feb 2005. However, my I-485 got stuck for two years. I filed Mandamus complaint in Jan 11, 2007 and got this VERY STRANGE email today:
On January 25, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

Anyone in similar boat?

Haipan77, How did you prepare for WOM, how long did it take? I have been stuck in name check for > 2 years. I am thinking of WOM, too. Would you please tell me how you did? Thanks!

haipan77 said:

Anyone in similar boat?
-------------most of EB1 get approved after interview at local office
Why in Nebraska?

I live in LA.
--------------- your I-485 file should be transfred to local office near to your present address in LA for interview. did you move AFTER filing I-485? did you update the USCIS and 1800 about your new address?

haipan77 said:

Anyone in similar boat?

haipna77,

Did you attend the interview? Would you mind telling us the current status?

Also, I am thinking of going WOM route. Any information regarding that would be helpful.

TIA

I do not have the statistics but most of my friends who filed in the EB-1 category got their I-485 approved without any interviews.