Strange Patterns

pandavas

Friends,
        I found this coincidence after talking to ten of my friends. They all recd. RFE. The strange thing is there last two digits of the I-485 case no. (EAC-?????) ends with the ODD number. Mine and one of my other friends I-485 Case ends with the even no. Eventhough our ND/RD are ahead of them, we didn\'t receive any RFE so far. Just my two cents worth of investigation. Please suggest your comments.

No Title

May be you are right. Mine is odd number. I got an RFE. Good observation. May be VSC has a new "undocumented" rule where they send RFE to all odd numbered cases so that they have 50 % RFE cases.

No Title

Baghya,
        I think you are right. I checked with 2 of my friends who recd. an RFE and their no. ends with the ODD number where as mine ends with the even no. and I haven\'t received ant RFE so far. Good Observation.

No Title

Guys :
Looks like I am an execpetion. I talked to IIO y\'day and she told me that an RFE has been generated for me. But my EAC number ends with even number. I have not received it yet though.

No Title

Pradeep, it helps if you could post here as soon as you get RFE. Did the IIO mention the day on which RFE is generated ? And did she tell you how long it will take for them to mail it ? I am asking because, I was told by an IIO that an RFE is generated on Dec 14, 00 and on Jan 11, 2001 when I called, IIO told me it is not mailed out yet due to clerical backlog. I am wondering whether it is just my RFE that got stuck or is it a general delay with every RFE.

Kiran

No Title

Kiran:
I spoke to the IIO y\'day on 01/17/01 and told me it was generated on 01/16/01. She told me that it will take 3 to 4 weeks. I asked her the nature of the matter on RFE , she declined to say anything on it further. She told my attorneys office will recieve it. And once we get reply it will take anoterh 1 to 2 months for the approval or the decision.

No Title

Hi All!
My EAC number is #odd number and my wifes EAC # is odd number. I haven\'t got RFE (Aug99 EB3case PD/7/97 is yet to be current) .I spoke
to IIO a week back. She said they are waiting for Visa availablity ??
I don\'t think they have pattren to give RFE\'s . It\'s their mood at that time , Ithink ?

rbx

No Title

Thanks buddy. Similar thing happend to me. IIO did not give any details on RFE. She told me that my attorney will receive it. It was generated on 12/14/2000. Even after a month, my attorney does not have it. I am assuming, due to holiday season there may be a backlog. Hope they will send the letters soon. I have been on this GC ship from 96 (EB3, India, 485 ND: 9/13/99 EAC-99-264-xxxx). Please do post on this board once your attorney gets the letter (Assuming that he will let you know). I will also post mine once I come to know.

No Title

Thanks Pradeep. My details
PD 4/1/97 (becoming current on Feb 1st 2001)
RD 8/9/99
ND 8/27/99
FP 7/19/2000
RFE Intent to deny - To prove status/date of entry to USA - 10/18/2000
RFE Response 11/14/2000
Waiting ....

No Title

Correct observation my friend mine too ends with odd#
What a strange phenomenon ?????????????

No Title

My EAC# ends with an even number. So does my wife\'s. Both of us got RFEs details as follows
Self
I140 Redo due to company name change.
Wife
Birth certificate does not contain name. (Although name is present on the birth certificate)

RFEs sent out 12/28/00. Recvd by lawyer 01/02/01.
My Details
EB3 PD 6/97 RD 8/99 ND 9/99 FP 8/00
EAC 99-261-xxx (Ends with even number)
Waiting forever.....

No Title

Pradeep, My attorney received the letter yesterday. RFE is for just employment letter. He is going to get the employment letter from my employer and mail it to INS sometime next week. AVM message still does not say they mailed an RFE.