Strange Online Message

julfl

Registered Users (C)
What is this Message means,
Me and my spouse went for Second Finger Printing on March 17th and did it sucessfully.

Called FBI on March 18th and checked the status of FP, they said FP was Ok and was sent back to Texas Service Center on Mar 17th itself.

This morning my perl script ran and said there is a change in status and i checked my status. It says as follows.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 18, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Can any one of you shed some light on this. Is this mean approval ?
After this message has any of you recieved the approval.

My officer # is 69.

Thanks
julfl

For AP it often means approval, but I have never seen this mean approval for 485. This is the standard denial message. I really hope I'm wrong!

Julfi

Can you shed some light on your case. Was there a problem? Like, being out of status or jobless, etc. If you think your case was clean, then I think and pray it is approval, otherwise this could be bad news as Sidney has already indicated.

not a denial

this is NOT a standard rejection message.
This can mean anything, approval, or rejection, or RFE

Pls whenever write and asking opinion pls do mention ur PD/RD/ND/ a little history .............. u said this is 2nd FP...... didn't mention when first done and when second issued.... in between any online updated msg u see........ or this is first time u see this message......... anyway

I believe its not deniel message.......

he and his spouse took FP...... and either it wasn't change that time .. when issued...... or they may need FP redone......... or possible RFE........... but I believe.... its just routine FP update messedup message......... someone else got too .. read next thread............

Good Luck

This message normally appears when they sent out a FP notice. I have seen the same message reported by people waiting for their AP.

In your case it should be related to the FP, which you did just the day before.

My guess is that there is a department which is handling the mail-out of certain notices (FP, AP etc.), which is not connected to the adjudication officers.

Sometimes these mail-out people go into the online system and change the case status to this criptic message to show some activity.

I can understand your frustration as you are waiting for a different kind of message.

Do not worry, you will get it next week!

POJ,kkpkiran,waitinginQ,
My 485RD is Jul 6th 2001
ND is Aug 16th 2001
First FP -Nov 15 2002
Rfe issued 2/5/2004 for EVL,W2,Paystubs
Rfe ack 02/26/2004
2nd FP done on 03/17/2004
Mine is a clean case, same employer no issues.

Hope this helps.

thanks
julfl

After reading your update info.......... I believe and confident that your 485 Approval is on the way....

Advance congratulations!!! pls do let us all know about.......

Don't worry......... sleep good.

I too agree with POJ , i am sure you have your approval , and finally you have crossed the river ! ! ! Congratuations ....

julfl ,

Mailed directly means..."
1. address change update
2. FP or FP Update
3. Approval in case of AP
4. RFE in case of AP
So far these are the observations.
No one reported that this mesg. is a rejection in this forum for the last 6 months, as I remember.
In your case it may be APPROVAL , beacuse you are veryo close to approval.
Best of Luck.

julfl,
Don't imagine anything bad! last week i got the AP approved. the message was a normal one. In next couple of days I got the AP in mail. But my spouse's status was exactly like yours. When contacted, an IIO asked us to wait for few days. yesterday my spouse got the AP! So I share all other members view in this thread about your online status. Expect the good news! You are right there!:cool:

Everything will be A-OK

Julfl, it is either another FP notice or INS just updating the fact that they mailed you a FP notice. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT REJECTIONS AT THIS STAGE.