Strange news ........???

Gebre

Registered Users (C)
I got a strage news from a friend who got his asylum in 2000
and applied for GC in 2001 and get approved in 2003.
I will go to see him and confirm what he saying is right .
But he was excited when he told me that.
I will post the confirmation after I checked it myself.

Thanks

Originally posted by jw1951
Four possibilities:

He is a refugee;

He is from Syria;

He is not telling the truth;

The INS made a mistake.
Well said Jw. Even refugees have to wait an average of 3 years. As for Syrian Jews, they have been admitted to the country since 1990 so they have been waiting for a long time like us. I do not think that the INS makes a mistake.

Originally posted by Gebre
I got a strage news from a friend who got his asylum in 2000
and applied for GC in 2001 and get approved in 2003.
I will go to see him and confirm what he saying is right .
But he was excited when he told me that.
I will post the confirmation after I checked it myself.

It can be true if BCIS made a mistake,or he might have conveyed sensitive information to the US Government for instance,
concerning terorism and it payed off.

He might be married to a US citizen.

If he is from coutries like Syria,Iraq or Cuba.

The reason i mention those countries is i worked with one guy from Iraq. INS wrote him a letter to go for his greencard three yrs after he got refugee status,when he went for stamping,they advised him to fill out papers for citizenship.He didn`have to wait for 4 or so yrs to file citizenship.

At first i could not believe it until i saw all his docoments with my naked eyes.

I beleive you, everything is possible, I have a friend who applied in late 96, got approved, filed 1997, got his GC early 1999.
I could be off a little bit on the date but I do know the whole process didn't take more than 3 years.
he is not from Syria
he is not from Irak
there is no special treatment for the coutry he is from, because I am from the same country and i am still waitng since 99.

Originally posted by cider_or
I beleive you, everything is possible, I have a friend who applied in late 96, got approved, filed 1997, got his GC early 1999.
I could be off a little bit on the date but I do know the whole process didn't take more than 3 years.
he is not from Syria
he is not from Irak
there is no special treatment for the coutry he is from, because I am from the same country and i am still waitng since 99.

'cause not that many ppl were waiting for adjustment that time i guess
now is different' ppl r waiting in a pretty long line