Strange H1 Case

dmts

Hello,

My friend is experiencing one of the strange and difficult experience with H1B stamping. He got his H1 approved and went to the Chennai Consulate for stamping in 2003. He submitted all his original transcripts, certificates, passport etal.. and was waiting for the response. But the carrier the consulate used said they lost all the documents. He submitted a police complaint, advertised on the paper etc. But documents were not to be found and finally he had to get them reissued at the school/boards where he studied.

As he didn't had the original approval petition he went with these set of new documents and was not listened to at the embassy. He got disappointed and lost all the hopes of getting stamped. Suddenly he received a letter in June 2004 from the consulate asking him to send all the documents requesting additional information from the company. The company promptly sent all the documents and he has now submitted it in September 1st week by mail.

Now the problem is he has not receieved any response from the consulate so far as its almost 6 weeks. My question is has any one faced such a situation. What can he do to get the status on his case. When ever he calls the consulate they ask him to wait and can't give any status or the timeline involved in either approving or rejecting the case. He has sent the originals again. He is very worried about his situation. Please advice.

Regards,
dmts

dmts said:
Hello,

My friend is experiencing one of the strange and difficult experience with H1B stamping. He got his H1 approved and went to the Chennai Consulate for stamping in 2003. He submitted all his original transcripts, certificates, passport etal.. and was waiting for the response. But the carrier the consulate used said they lost all the documents. He submitted a police complaint, advertised on the paper etc. But documents were not to be found and finally he had to get them reissued at the school/boards where he studied.

As he didn't had the original approval petition he went with these set of new documents and was not listened to at the embassy. He got disappointed and lost all the hopes of getting stamped. Suddenly he received a letter in June 2004 from the consulate asking him to send all the documents requesting additional information from the company. The company promptly sent all the documents and he has now submitted it in September 1st week by mail.

Now the problem is he has not receieved any response from the consulate so far as its almost 6 weeks. My question is has any one faced such a situation. What can he do to get the status on his case. When ever he calls the consulate they ask him to wait and can't give any status or the timeline involved in either approving or rejecting the case.
--- he has to wait as per consulate, I dont think anybody can help him
He has sent the originals again.

He is very worried about his situation. Please advice.

Regards,
dmts