Strange FP notice today -- any insights?

diddl

Registered Users (C)
Got a strange FP notice today -- the 3rd one for me. Have been stuck in NC since Dec 2004. Done FP twice (Apr'05 and Jul'06), now received a FP notice again today for a FP this Friday. FP is supposed to be good for 15 months, right? Mine is only 12 months old -- so not sure what does it mean. Anyone has the same experience? I had seen LUDs on Jul 2,3,4 -- was hoping to get the magic email but turned out still stuck in NC, and no visa # or officer has been assigned per TSC rep and Infopass. -- now that I think about it, the LUDs maybe for this FP notice.

What kind of game are they really playing?

Got a strange FP notice today -- the 3rd one for me.
What kind of game are they really playing?

Is it a code 3 FP? Typically, when a case is ready for adjudication but the FPs are either expired or they don't have biometrics, they'll ask you do a full set of FPs+Biometrics (Code 3), or at the very least Biometrics (Code 2). The code on your FP will tell you what they're looking for.

In either case, getting a FP notice is a good thing - many people on this forum never got their FP notice, even though the TSC IO said they had been generated and sent months ago.

code 3

marooned42,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it is code 3 -- so it is a full set? I did the full set on my 1st FP two years ago (Apr'05), and 2nd FR is just finger print. Is it possible that they lost my file? god -- does that mean that they will start over again?

it seems you did two FPs this month from your signature -- why is that? a code 2 is not enough do they asked you to go back for a code 3?

Yes, it is code 3 -- so it is a full set?

Code 3 is 10 FPs + Photo + Signature.

Is it possible that they lost my file? god -- does that mean that they will start over again?

Processing of FPs by the FBI takes very little time - typically just 24 hours. It is the transferring of those results into the TSC's system that appears to take up to a couple of months these days. Doubt if they lose FPs like that - more like they think your FPs have expired, or they think they might as well do a full FP since they want the Biometrics anyway.

it seems you did two FPs this month from your signature -- why is that? a code 2 is not enough do they asked you to go back for a code 3?

I was supposed to do a Code 3 in May, but I never got the notice and I found out about the whole story on 7/6. I went to the local ASC and asked them to take my FPs which they did. However, I didn't know what Code I was supposed to do at that time, so we did only Code 1 (my signature was wrong, I corrected it). Next week, 7/13, I found out that I was supposed to do Code 3, so went again to provide Biometrics. I still haven't received a FP notice for this year, all FPs were done on my initiative, as well as the initiative of the ASC staff (very helpful people).