Strange email notice

ned

Registered Users (C)
has anyone received this kind of email from USCIS?

Current Status:

We received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

This kind of email is usually received after USCIS receives your response to a RFE. Since a RFE usually happens when they start processing your case, the message means that most of the legwork in your case is complete and the remainder should not take very long.

Received similar email ..

ned said:
has anyone received this kind of email from USCIS?

Current Status:

We received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

ned,

My wifes case had received a RFE last year and we had gotten emails stating that the USCIS has received the response blah blah (exactly like yours). This is normal because this email is sent when RFEs are received by USCIS. Now for the strange part, this morning I got the same emails stating that on that on April 5th 2005 (original date the RFE was received back by USCIS) the responce to their request blah blah (same email again). When I checked the app online I saw a LUD change on 28th Oct with the same message as in the email. It seems as if someone is going through pending cases for some reason ... they are defenitely looking at RFE cases for sure. Maybe they are pre-adjucating .. or maybe its just one of those stupid unexplainable things .. who knows. It is truly strange though.

I will keep posted on what happens next.

saras

Saturday LUD - sounds like system maintenance

saras76 said:
My wifes case had received a RFE last year and we had gotten emails stating that the USCIS has received the response blah blah (exactly like yours). This is normal because this email is sent when RFEs are received by USCIS. Now for the strange part, this morning I got the same emails stating that on that on April 5th 2005 (original date the RFE was received back by USCIS) the responce to their request blah blah (same email again). When I checked the app online I saw a LUD change on 28th Oct with the same message as in the email. It seems as if someone is going through pending cases for some reason ... they are defenitely looking at RFE cases for sure. Maybe they are pre-adjucating .. or maybe its just one of those stupid unexplainable things .. who knows. It is truly strange though.

To me it sounds like an email sent out in error. could be due to system maintenance???

Could be anything ..

osheth said:
To me it sounds elike an email sent out in error. could be due to system maintenance???

osheth,

It could be anything. A bunch of people have received emails in NSC as well. I was just letting everyone know of what happened. There is really no telling the true reason.

saras

i got email yesterday evening.

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on XXX Date. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Seems Some Maintenance going on

S_Reddy said:
i got email yesterday evening.

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on XXX Date. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

I too received a strange email for my H1 case approved in July 2004.After that I hav got another extension too approved this year May.Today morning I saw an email sent yesterday(saturday) for the H1 case that was approved in July 2004.Ofcourse, the content of the message is still the same"Approved", but wonder what caused the trigger of another email notification after two and half years with an LUD of 10/28.

I got the same emails!!

I got similar emails (total of 12) for both my wife's and my 485 application. The best thing is it refers to having received response to the RFE over 1 year ago (May 2005) for my wife's case. It seems to re-assure that since most of processing has been done, the time to adjudication would be shorter--this was exactly what they had said over one and half years ago. Also email for me just mentions receiving request for more information which is the same that they sent me over 1 year ago.

Since it appears that a lot of people got such emails, it probably is nothing significant. I was happy when I saw the emails as I thought maybe (and just maybe) after 2 years of doing nothing someone seems to have realized that a lot of dust had accumulated, and at least dusted the files and hopefully they will be able to read and eventually start processing the case again.

Now I am not so sure that it wont be another 1-2 years wait :(

Me Too!

I recieved 11 emails for myself and 3 dependents , all on 10/28 and are about last year,s RFE status.
Definitely looks like a System Update.

Similar message received 12 times

We did FP in 2003 and had submitted some credentials in Nov 2004 for NIW case. Then we had similar messages and now the same exact wording. The only thing missing is " no of days it takes for processing from 850 to 900 days " is missing. Otherwise is the same.

In April 2006 we got our GC based on the LC 485 applications. Now they are referening to the other 485 application which is based on Physicians working in underserved area for 5 years NIW thing. I thought we are done with this GC and now something has come up.

We are little concerned why would they process our application when we already have GC based on "the same Alien number."

The question is how much we have to worry and to what extent this could trouble us in the long run. Would appreciate anyone thoughts about this.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Add mine to the list....

I received total of 7 mails on 10/28

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 7, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

any comments on this what it means?

Thanks in advance...

Probably a glitch ..

sharley said:
Means nothing, just a system glitch. It happened periodically in this USCIS shit system.

:mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :(

Guys and Gals,

The only interesting thing is that this has happened at both TSC and NSC. Also not every case has gotten the update. I didn't get one while my wife's did. Anyway, since most of our PDs are not current there is no point in speculating anything. At best it is some sort of inventory count, at worst it is just a glicth in the system.

regards,

saras

USCIS website will change soon ...

Hi ,

I think all this is hapening because the USCIS announce that they will change their website soon , to make it more "communicative" with people !!! I think that's the reason for all this glitch !!!
If its so , i hope that will be more better than now!!! :rolleyes:

Goood luck to all of us !!!

ghebauer

Yes ...

GHEBAUER said:
Hi ,

I think all this is hapening because the USCIS announce that they will change their website soon , to make it more "communicative" with people !!! I think that's the reason for all this glitch !!!
If its so , i hope that will be more better than now!!! :rolleyes:

Goood luck to all of us !!!

ghebauer

GHEBAUER,

You are right about the new website. I heard about it also. These changes are probably due to the upgrade in the system. I wonder what value the new website will add to those of us who are indefinetly stuck in this system. I guess the updates will state in clearer terms that we are screwed :) and that we will continue to suffer endlessly :).

regards,

saras

The new website is up.....but the case status service - still takes us to the old website link....

the same message w/ the first post

The message means nothing but that they received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just means that they received your submission of evidence. It doesn't mean anything other than that. I also have received the same messages (two time on other cases) when I responded the RFE. So, be patient and wait for the good news. You will get one soon if your response was satisfactory, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidee
I received following message

On November 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates

Can anyone know what that means

the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.

My case:
EB1 EA
I140/485 FD:05/2006
I140 AD:08/03/2006
I485 RFE: 09/11/2006
I reply and sent out late 10/30/2006

I-140 RD 06/28/06, ND 06/29/06
I-140 LUD 07/13/06, 08/02/06, 08/06/06, 10/15/06, 10/16/06, 10/17/06, 10/18/06
I-140 PP (Premium Processing) 10/13/06
I-140 AD 10/18/06
I-485 RD 07/17/06, ND 07/21/06
I-485 LUD 07/22/06, 07/25/06, 08/16/06, 09/11/06, 09/12/06, 09/13/06, 10/26/06