strange but real - please advise

kSekar

Registered Users (C)
Hi

This posting is for my friend and he desparately wants some info for this strange / real problem.
He is an EB3 applicant with I-485 RD in Dec 2001. He got a notice from VSC in April 2003 saying that his case is transferred to Baltimore local office. On June 4 2003 he got a letter from Baltimore office asking him to appear for an interview on Nov 4 2003 (it is really a surprise that they arranged an interview 5 months in advance). The poor guy's finger print expired in Aug 2003 (but was valid at the time he got the letter) but the interview was scheduled on Nov 4 2003. He didn't realize this till he went to the local Baltimore office. They took all the documents and verified them and even took his I-94 too. They told him
he is all set except for the finger print as it got expired in Aug 2003. The same day he gave his finger print. They told him
that after they get the clearance from FBI he will be notified and
he can simply go to the local office and get his passport stamped as he has submitted all the documents (practically interview got
over on Nov 4 2003 itself). He went to the office a couple of times and enquired about the status. The reply was a standard one saying that he can make an enquiry only after 5 months.

Already it crossed 100 days after Nov 04 2003 and so far nothing happened. He didn't go to India for about 5 years.
His family is in India and they denied visa for his wife and so she
couldn't visit him. He also couldn't go because INS suggested him not to leave the country till his case is approved. (it seems he had a gap where his status was not legal). His other colleagues with similar type of problem got their green cards and they are
all fine.

He wants to know the following:

1) Whether anybody has similar type of experience?
2) How much time does it take for a local office to
get the FBI clearance after finger print is done?
( I see some posting saying that it is about 60 - 90 days).
3) Is there any suggestion to him to go ahead in this scenario?

On behalf of my friend

Sekar
Boston

FBI send the FP's results within 2 weeks. As per my understanding, FBI sent the results to VSC instead to Baltimore INS office. So ask your friend to call FBI in WV and find out where they sent the results. May be after that, he might want to call INS customer service centre and tell abt the situation.

FBI results

Hi Sam99

Thanks for the info. May be my friend is confused what they told him. He mentioned that the finger print results came within two
weeks but it looks they mentioned about FBI clearance or something like that. Are you telling about the finger print results (two weeks time) or some other clearance from FBI?
Anyway it is a good information and I will ask my friend to
contact FBI in WV (is it West Virginia) and also call BCIS at Vermont.

Hope my friend gets some info soon..

Thanks Sam99

Sekar
Boston