Stop calling IIOs!

Wonboodoo

Registered Users (C)
Everybody,

Please stop calling IIOs unless you have a valid reason.

If the call center IIOs also process the applications then you are pulling an IIO away from an application. If the call center IIOs do not process applications then the call center will end up getting more money at budget time because the staff are overworked. We want more resources spent on finishing applications, not more call center people.

Also, some people have a genuine problems and need to speak to an IIO and cannot because the phone lines are blocked by people with out any problems.

If I see another person call an IIO because they have a pending October case and want "to see how it\'s going" or someone call an IIO "to see if my fingerprints went OK" I think I\'m going to throw up.

This process takes too long as it is and these unnecessary IIO calls certainly can\'t be helping.

That is all.

Good step

I agree with you. There are some people who can\'t wait for few more days. They tend to forget they have waited for years and years to come to the final stage. When the day approaches, they spent lot of time on calling the IIOs.

No Title

As per my lawyer INS keep track of all the calls...whenever you speak to IIO. If you call too many times that may delay your case.

Want to share my experience

I called IIO when my I140 EAC no. was not in their computer. She told me that it\'s not unusal, still I insisted her to put my EAC# in their computer. My case got delayed unnecessarily(without any reason) by 2 months compare to normal process. It may be a co-incidense, just want to sahre with you.

You should call for genuine problems

Your problem is a genuine one and this is what the IIOs should be used for. It is the calls based on curiosity that I think we should eliminate.

I\'m not sure I completely agree with you...

Calling IIO\'s might block other people from getting through, but it might also draw the attention of INS officials to see why people are calling..if they realize the majority of people are calling to ask about FP\'s, etc, they might spend some money to make AVM more reliable and up-to-date so people don\'t have to call all the time, since the current AVM is a joke. You never know they might even realize we\'re in the XXI-st century and set up a web-based case tracking system.

Call IIO with a gap of 2 - 3 weeks

I agree with Krisztian Mizser, sometimes RFE is issued and the AVM is not updated. I think it is good to call with a gap of 2 – 3 weeks , if they are processing cases of your time period.
There are cases , were RFE was issued, lawyer didn’t receive papers and after the time limit for replying RFE was over an “INTEND TO DENY “ Notice was issued.

Agreed!! Web-based tracking is the way to go!!!..

No need to call IIOs unless absolutely necessary..For getting receipt#s, case status, etc Web will be perfect..Hope someone gets this idea soon!! I wish someone listens to our prayers!!!

Online status check

Couple of days ago I received the receipt for my EAD. It says that the Online tracking system is not yet available. So I guess it means that INS is developing the web based tracking system.

Agree and Disagree

Agree that without genuine reason no need to call IIO.

But disagree that it delays case processing. I think IIOs attends phone calls don\'t do anything else receiving phones and giving info (don\'t do real case processing).