Still Waiting with Hope

485still

Registered Users (C)
My case has not been approved yet. My EAC# 99-258-XXXXX. I have seen lot of approvals with EAC > 258. Are there any one in the same boat? Checking the automated voice message system almost every evening. Planning to talk to IIO again next week.

Talk to you again

No Title

My details are ND 8/6, EAC99235 and I did talk to an IIO on Friday (posted the details earlier). As per our conversation, we should be receiving the NOTICES within 2-4 weeks (the standard 4-6 weeks has changed it seems).... If you talk to an IIO, please share the info..

No Title

I just talked with an IIO. She said that they were waiting for Visa Numbers. My RD and ND are Aug 99, EB1. Fp was done on July 19. still no news.

No Title

RD:07/26/99
ND:08/09/99
FP:06/20/00
Category:EB2

I am beginning to lose hope. Cases with ND in the second half of August 99 and September 99 are getting approved. Still no progress for cases filed in the first half of August :-(

No Title

Thank you all guys for your info. I have so many seniors before me and so I am not going to complain again. May be I will wait 2 weeks before talking to IIO. I will post the details if I have any.

BTW: What are visa numbers? I am not sure. I know that there is a quota for the GC. Please share if any one knew about this.

Thanks and wish you all the best.

No Title

485Aug, as I know that if you are in EB1, you don\'t need to wait for the visa #.

No Title

From what I have seen and gathered, once all the pre-processing is done in
a case, a visa no. is requested from state dept. and once that is obtained the case
is approved.
Now in the case of CP\'s the consulates claim that the state dept takes around 6-7 weeks
to reply to their request for Visa no. (that is the reason it takes about 2 months to get Interviews
once all the paper work(pkt 3) is done).
In case of local INS\'s what I have read here is that the interviewer would just go inside the office
to get a visa no. and be back in a few minutes.
Now what I don\'t understand is how does this happen in case of Service centers.
Where do they request the Visa nos. Is it from State dept. That would explain about 60 days of delay
in approval, once everything else is ready. And where from does the Local INS get the Visa nos from.
Is it done on a case by case basis, or is it a batch job sort of thing.
Any body got any clues.

No Title

Chill out dudes - My EAC is 99-202 (RD/ND 6/99, FP 4/00) and I am still waiting (Intent to Deny issued 9/29, response received 10/24).

KP