Still Waiting since May 2001 Please Advise

GCLikeOthers

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Like some of you I have been waiting for my GC since May 2001.
Below is my case history

Applied for LC EB3-India in May 2001.
LC Approved in May 2003
Filed for I-140 in May 2003
I-140 Approved in Apr 2004
Applied for I-485 May 2004 (Spouse and Myself)
FP1 Done in Sep 2004
Renewing my EAD since then
Case transfered from VSC to TSC in Mar 2007
FP2 Code 3 in Aug 2007

I wrote a letter to First Lady in Mar 2007, then USCIS replied in July 2007 saying that my Name Check is pending with FBI and I will have to wait.

The Online status on my case still says that my case has been transfered to TSC with LUD 16 Aug 2007, one day after my FP2.

Yesterday, we received a letter from USCIS, TSC regarding my spouse I-485 saying "Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been commpleted, and it has been transferred to the INS office at : USCIS-NBC, PO Box 648008 Lee's Summit MO 64064
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries shoud be made to that office"

I live in NJ and I am not sure why USCIS has sent my spouse's I-485 case to Lee's Summit, MO

I am not sure what to do next, Any advise from the experts will be very helpful.

Thanks

You must follow your case diligently. Here are few things you could do...

1. Write a letter to First Lady
2. Contact your Local Congressman/ senator
3. Write a letter to FBI Director
4. Submit DHS Form 7001 to USCIS Ombudsman
5. Contact USCIS Service Center (TSC/NSC) by Phone
6. Take infopass
7. Ask your Attorney to call USCIS

You can find additional details about the above if you search this forum.

If the above doesn't work consider filing a WOM lawsuit against USCIS.

Good Luck!

Since the case has been sent to Lee's Summit, I think that your case will now be approved within a few weeks and you will receive the approval letter. The part of the letter which says that an interview will be scheduled is just a routine statement. If they intended to schedule an interview, they would have sent the file to your local office. Just cheer up, and let us know when you get the good news. Good Luck.
MGM

Hi Guys

Like some of you I have been waiting for my GC since May 2001.
Below is my case history

Applied for LC EB3-India in May 2001.
LC Approved in May 2003
Filed for I-140 in May 2003
I-140 Approved in Apr 2004
Applied for I-485 May 2004 (Spouse and Myself)
FP1 Done in Sep 2004
Renewing my EAD since then
Case transfered from VSC to TSC in Mar 2007
FP2 Code 3 in Aug 2007

I wrote a letter to First Lady in Mar 2007, then USCIS replied in July 2007 saying that my Name Check is pending with FBI and I will have to wait.

The Online status on my case still says that my case has been transfered to TSC with LUD 16 Aug 2007, one day after my FP2.

Yesterday, we received a letter from USCIS, TSC regarding my spouse I-485 saying "Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been commpleted, and it has been transferred to the INS office at : USCIS-NBC, PO Box 648008 Lee's Summit MO 64064
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries shoud be made to that office"

I live in NJ and I am not sure why USCIS has sent my spouse's I-485 case to Lee's Summit, MO

I am not sure what to do next, Any advise from the experts will be very helpful.

Thanks

Hi Guys

I received my I-485 Approval notice at last on 15th March 2008. My Spouse has not received this yet.

The Approval Notice says that "Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing ..... etc"

Its been more that 15 Days and I still have not received the FP Notice or the card and have still not received my Spouse I-485 Approval Notice.

Guru's, Can you advise me if I should wait for some more time before I make another inquiry regarding my spouse case and my card ? Is this the typical wait time ?

Wait another 15 days and check with them..

Hi Guys

I received my I-485 Approval notice at last on 15th March 2008. My Spouse has not received this yet.

The Approval Notice says that "Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing ..... etc"

Its been more that 15 Days and I still have not received the FP Notice or the card and have still not received my Spouse I-485 Approval Notice.

Guru's, Can you advise me if I should wait for some more time before I make another inquiry regarding my spouse case and my card ? Is this the typical wait time ?

Call them after 15 days and ask them to see if they have any comments on the problem...