Still waiting for the card

pharmboy

Registered Users (C)
My case was approved in late May after I filed a lawsuit against USCIS. The approval notice said that I will receive a biometrics notice within 90 days, up to now, I received nothing. So I called the local US Attorney and she said she would file an inquiry, and I also called USCIS and filed another inquiry. Lets see what will happen. By the way, I already had my passport stamped.

My I-485 was approved yesterday after I filed WOM two months ago. My attorney said they don't stamp passports anymore. How did you manage to get a stamp?

How did you get your passport stamped? Make an appointment through InfoPass and go to local USCIS office? Thanks

I made an infopass appointment and went to the loca office. They gave me a 3-month stamp on the passport. And they told me if I don't receive the biometrics notice by late Aug I should call them up.

Hi, Pharmboy,

When you use the infopass to make the appointment, what is the reason you selected for the appointment? The first item saying that "you have something (like i-797C etc) instructing you to go to the local office for the card processing or passport stamp". But I think this is not the right item for me (I have the I-485 approval notice, but the notice does not instruct me to go to the local office). Can I select "I want to speak to an immigration officer" to make an appointment and then ask them to stamp my passport?? Thanks

Sorry I forgot the reason. But I believe as long as you get a hold of a spot in there and talk to them, you should be fine. I went to Newark, and they have a couple of windows asking about your appointment and then they will assign you a number so you will wait to be called for the short interview. But be prepared to be there for at least 3-4 hours.

Finally I called up the US Attorney again and told her that i am still waiting for my greencard. So after one day, my case status changed saying that my case has been approved on 05/xx/2006, blah, blah, blah. Then the next day, the case status changed to "on 09//12/2006 after approving you case, we placed an order for a new card, blah...." So now I am expecting my greencard finally.

Last edited by a moderator: