Still Waiting for my EAD

garemani

Registered Users (C)
I filed to renew my EAD back in September 2007 in TSC and did my biometrics in November. This was my third renewal. My old EAD got expired on Jan 9 and since then I'm unemployed! I had 3 infopass appointment and 3-4 calls to the 800 number and all they say is wait because we cherry picked you for background check for your EAD!!!!!! Anybody had the same experience!?!?!?!? It's been almost 6months now that I've been waiting to get this work permit. Its so frustrating! The lastest news is to call back in 6 months!!!! what the heck is this!?!??! Why USCIS wants to do background check on EAD!!?!? I'm already undergoing FBI background check for my I-485 for more than 2 yrs!!! The funny thing is that they approved my AP without any problem...

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

USCIS sucks!! wtf..why would they need back ground check for EAD .. ..well, contact local congressman or senator might help in this regard...

sorry to hear that. ..good luck

That's just FU , these guys are just out of order !!! I never heard something like this before !!! These guys .....they are unbeliaveble , what we can expect from them these days ??? They come up with all kind of excuses , proof that they are ....big time ... nonprofessionals in the matter !!! Everywhere else in the world , the people will laugh seeing this !!! God help them ...:eek:

The new processing dates ( Feb 15th ) shows :
January 22nd. , 2008 for EADs at TSC !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Friends,

According to USCIS Nebraska Service center online update processing dates i-765 has been processed untill November 30, 2007. So far I have not heard from them nor have any update's on my case. I called the USCIS customer service. They told me that they have received finger print results. No more information about my case as of February 7, 2008. I had an appointment with my local USCIS office. Lady Officer at the center verified all my paper works and she told me that she sent a message to Nebraska center. I should hear from USCIS-Nebraksa in few days. So far no news from them. I have new job offerwhich is based on EAD. Why didn't local officer issue interim EAD for me? What action I should take to get the result of my I-765?

I really appreciate in advance for your advice or opinions about my case.

There is nothing as "interim EAD" anymore. They stoped issuing that since 2006. I had 3 infopass appointments and they were all useless. The officer did the same thing as yours and emailed TSC for my case. I was basically took out of the payroll system since January 08 because of my Expired EAD. All I got from USCIS was a letter saying call us back in 6 months because we are actively reviewing your EAD petition!!!!!!!!!! My employer finally decided to get me an H1B visa (Expedited) and get me back to work because I was a key project member on a $5m contract they had with the government...I'm back to work but my EAD is still pending!

Hi Garemani

You are right. There is no Interim EAD any more. But officer asked me to call the 800 number and ask them Expidate process. I did tha same. I see LUD changed 3/3 and 3/4 nothing today. Did it happened in your case? Your advice is helpful.
Thank you