Still waiting for initial interview... been five months?

cpals

Registered Users (C)
I sent my wife's I-485 on 10/3/07 and they received it on 10/10/07.

For the first couple months everything went fairly quickly... we got her fingerprint notice, went to that fine... then we received her employment card near the end of December.

Since then we have not heard anything from them... I just sent an email to our lawyers asking if this was normal.

Also, the status on their website for the I-485 says received and pending. It also states that "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location."

We live in Florida.

Thanks for any help... it looks like most people in this thread have already have their GC.

Seven months are not unheard of

Filed I-485 on 12/24/1998. Interview on 03/19/2001. GC received in March 2003, more than four years after I filed the I-485.
It went very very very slowly because my application went through three Service Centers (filed in OKC - NSC, we then moved to Plano TX - TSC, then we moved to PA/NJ - VSC).

Your case

Filed I-485 on 12/24/1998. Interview on 03/19/2001. GC received in March 2003, more than four years after I filed the I-485.
It went very very very slowly because my application went through three Service Centers (filed in OKC - NSC, we then moved to Plano TX - TSC, then we moved to PA/NJ - VSC).

McMahon,

Your case seems different from his case. I am assuming cpals has filed for his wife on the basis of him being a US citizen so that becomes immediate relative catagory case. Is yours employment based?

Correct Atlanta Brother, I am a US Citizen and filed for my wife (we got married July of 2007). It seems like some people's paperwork goes through extremely quickly while others wait (at least looking at their signatures)... I'm just trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason.