Still waiting for a reciept after almost a month..

I have heard of a case where petitioner had to resubmit his I485 since USCIS failed to issue receipt number and had no idea of whereabouts of his petition. Hopefully this is not the case with us.

Mine is labor subs. my lawyer thinks that they are probably waiting for administration decision on which priority date to use for my 485. (Original labor or I140 filing date)

I did receive my I140 case number which was filled along with 485.

tpal said:
i filled for my GC in VSC on 20 dec 2004 ,still waiting for receipts for all the forms 765,485,AP,140...
even my checks are not deposited yet .can any one tell me how long it will take to get my checks deposited so i can get at least receipt no from the back of my checks.

thank you

My applications were filed on Novembre 13th.. my cheques didn't get cashed until Dec 23rd.

If there is anything wrong with your application it will be sent back to whomever your representative is and it will have to be refiled -- until then, just pray to God and hope for the best.

You can also write to whichever center you filed the application at for an update.

My 140 and 485 documents were sent to VSC on Dec 13th.
They returned all the documents back to lawyer saying that there were no original signatures. USCIS was wrong. Lawyer then repackaged and mailed it on dec 24th to VSC.

One of my collegues file concurrently to VSC mid November. His EAD is approved and only yesterday his I 140 was approved. Seems very quick.

I have not received my receipt notices so far from VSC.

My friends notice date for EAD, 140 and 485 is Nov 16th.

raj_send said:
I have not received my receipt notices so far from VSC.

My friends notice date for EAD, 140 and 485 is Nov 16th.

Hi Raj,
Would you mind telling us if your friend’s category is EB3 or EB2? If your friend is in EB3 category, it means that USCIS is processing I-140 even though priority dates have retrogressed.

Thanks!

Reciept Date

I have fedexd my 140/485/EAD/AP on Dec 27th and the checks have been encashed today (01/13). Using the EAC # on the back of checks, I got the following status

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 11, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case."

Does this mean my RD: 01/11/2005?. Does this have any effect AC21 portability?.

Thanks
GC

As long as your application reached USCIS by Dec 30,2004 , you will get Advance Parole , EAD , AC21. Atleast that is what I understood so far.

But what you have mentioned is interesting . If USCIS says that your case was recieved on Jan 11,2005 ( even though the fedex probably reached on dec 28,2004 ) , it is a gray area.

GC_04 said:
I have fedexd my 140/485/EAD/AP on Dec 27th and the checks have been encashed today (01/13). Using the EAC # on the back of checks, I got the following status

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 11, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case."

Thanks
GC

tpal said:
no receipts or check deposited for all GC FORMS at VSC yet :(
tpal
Here some info that could relieve you at some extent
1- Check of my son's I485 cleared from Bank, image is not available, I did NOT receive Receipt/Notice Date. It was submitted on "12/03/2004".
2- For all other family members (5) and myself have been filed/submitted on the same date "12/03/2004" have been received on "01/22/2005" except 1 above.
3- Once image of the check will be available, case# could be found on back of it for onward queries.

EB2 - LC 12/21/2001
RD:12/03/2004 ND:12/06/2004 (For all as below)
I140, I485(5), AP(1), EAD(1)
I485(1) ?? as mentioned above

Waiting for Receipts

Mine was sent on 28th December to VC .. Still No sign of receipts.

EB3 - Sub.Labor
140/480 Concurrent filling along with EAD,AP

Hi GC_04,

Read this on murthy.com. Hope it answers your question :-

Concurrent Processing of I-140/485 Not Required

While concurrent filing is still permitted for those not affected by the visa retrogression, the processing of the Form I-140 petition is no longer tied to the Form I-485 application's readiness for processing. Therefore, the Form I-140 petition once again may be processed well before the Form I-485 application processing is completed. This will be beneficial to many who will become eligible for AC21 portability following the approval of their I-140s, where the I-485 has been pending for at least 180 days. There were great concerns that the concurrent adjudication procedure would effectively eliminate AC21 eligibility for many. In light of the significant case delay that will result from the retrogression, the ability to change jobs without destroying the green card case is vital.

GC_04 said:

Thanks
GC

Last edited by a moderator:
My application reached VSC on 28 th.I havent got the Receipt number till now ? IS there anybody who filed in december end got the receipt.

Thanks

-Applied on Dec 20 2004 EB3 @ VSC
-Checks cashed Jan 13 2005
-Receipts yet not received

Online status message same as that of GC_04