• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Still No decision 2 months after the interview

Ipek79

Registered Users (C)
Even though I had my interview on June 5th and the officer told me that he was going to approve me saying that everything was complete, there is still no official decision. On July 3rd, I made infopass and found out that my case is under "further review" with no explanation. I was told that I passed name check and figerprinting, so that's not the issue and they cannot tell why my case is pending with further review.. They asked me to come back in 3 months if there is still no decision. My question for you all is do they legally have to make a decision by Sep. 30th or can they delay and cost me my green card? I already contacted my senator's office and I am visiting immigration one more time next week.. Now, I am thinking about hiring an attorney if that would do any good to me at this point. I would appreciate any feedback on this..THanks..

As far as I know if they don't respond by September 30th you will lose the green card.

If I were you I would hire a lawyer, they might know of other ways to persuade them. Just make sure you find a good lawyer, most of them don't know much of the diversity visa.

Also, if they don't respond by early September I think you should take them to court.

Here is a link I found on this forum with references of people who took them to court:

http://dv.semper-ante.com/

Good Luck and keep us posted.

2006_07 said:
As far as I know if they don't respond by September 30th you will lose the green card.

If I were you I would hire a lawyer, they might know of other ways to persuade them. Just make sure you find a good lawyer, most of them don't know much of the diversity visa.

Also, if they don't respond by early September I think you should take them to court.

Here is a link I found on this forum with references of people who took them to court:

http://dv.semper-ante.com/

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Thanks.. I guess that's what I am going to have to do that.. I am going to talk to immigration next week and try to find out more info on their regulations.

Ipek79 said:
Even though I had my interview on June 5th and the officer told me that he was going to approve me saying that everything was complete, there is still no official decision. On July 3rd, I made infopass and found out that my case is under "further review" with no explanation. I was told that I passed name check and figerprinting, so that's not the issue and they cannot tell why my case is pending with further review.. They asked me to come back in 3 months if there is still no decision. My question for you all is do they legally have to make a decision by Sep. 30th or can they delay and cost me my green card? I already contacted my senator's office and I am visiting immigration one more time next week.. Now, I am thinking about hiring an attorney if that would do any good to me at this point. I would appreciate any feedback on this..THanks..

Well, I have an update to my question and wanted to share with everyone. This mornig, I had another infopass appointment to check my status. They told me that my status is still pending in their system but they said that they are aware of the deadline for DV Cases and they assured me that they have to make a decision by September 30th.. I don't know if this is true for every USCIS office in US or just Denver office. In terms of my status, I questioned them why they haven't made a decision yet while some other offices in US are making speedy decisions, she said that it really is up to Officer not necessarily the office. So, it seems like my luck is to have had an interview with a very lazy person.. But again the officer I talked to today assured me saying that the person I had the interview with me is aware of my situation.. So, we'll see what happens..She said that if I still don't here anything from them by September, she asked me to come back for sure. But still don't wanna take any chances. I'll still consult to an attorney about this.

Hello,

Don't take any chances, if you can afford it hire a lawyer. If you can't hire a lawyer keep writing letters to USCIS, get them to put in writing that they will give you a decision by 30 Sept (I got them to do that). Don't be shy and keep calling the Senator's office.

I'm also waiting for no reason whatsoever (DV1), my husband's waiting for background check.

Another option is the Mandamus Act, which is not the same as a lawsuit, but can produce positive results.

BEST OF LUCK

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
I'm also waiting for no reason whatsoever (DV1), my husband's waiting for background check.
Hi Barbara,

Is the congressman/senator's office doing anything to speed up your husband's name check process?

ipek
by law they have to finish al DV case swithin that fiscal year. I wish good luck but I think you got it and they just want to cook you a bit.

BarbaraLamb said:
Hello,

Don't take any chances, if you can afford it hire a lawyer. If you can't hire a lawyer keep writing letters to USCIS, get them to put in writing that they will give you a decision by 30 Sept (I got them to do that). Don't be shy and keep calling the Senator's office.

Another option is the Mandamus Act, which is not the same as a lawsuit, but can produce positive results.

BEST OF LUCK

Barbara

Thank you for the suggestions Barbara... Yes, I am aware of the Mandamus Act and also definitely talk to a lawyer.. What USCIS doing is really unacceptable. If the government is doing this DV Lottery case, they should also allocate enough resources to handle this kind of demand. Also, it should be all standard and not be up to the local procedures or which mood the officer is in.

Good luck to you and to your husband.. I am sure eventually everything will fall into its place.

alincosma said:
ipek
by law they have to finish al DV case swithin that fiscal year. I wish good luck but I think you got it and they just want to cook you a bit.

Hopefully, you are right.. I guess they just want me to suffer through it to know how precious of a gift this is :)

Thanks!

Alincosma,

when you say that by law they have to complete processing DV cases, where did you read that? Can you send me a link?

Thanks

Barbara

Ipek79 said:
Well, I have an update to my question and wanted to share with everyone. This mornig, I had another infopass appointment to check my status. They told me that my status is still pending in their system but they said that they are aware of the deadline for DV Cases and they assured me that they have to make a decision by September 30th.. I don't know if this is true for every USCIS office in US or just Denver office. In terms of my status, I questioned them why they haven't made a decision yet while some other offices in US are making speedy decisions, she said that it really is up to Officer not necessarily the office. So, it seems like my luck is to have had an interview with a very lazy person.. But again the officer I talked to today assured me saying that the person I had the interview with me is aware of my situation.. So, we'll see what happens..She said that if I still don't here anything from them by September, she asked me to come back for sure. But still don't wanna take any chances. I'll still consult to an attorney about this.

I have another update on my case.. Yesterday, when I got home, I found out that I received a letter from the officer I had the interview with. Apparently, he couldn't find my application fee receipt and gave me an another appointment for next Tuesday to talk to him and turn in the application fee or the receipt.. I paid the darn thing but I didn't make a copy of it.. So, I am going to pay for it again I think. Nevertheless, that's what must have been holding my application.. So, hopefully, I will find out for sure what's happening next week...

hi friend

hi
can u tell us

why do they delay ur case like this |!?!?!?!?!?!

i mean ,,,,,did u write down in the KCC forms that u traveled another countries outside ur country ??!?!

if yes ,,,what countries did u visit \????

do u have criminal history |!|???

Ipek79 said:
I have another update on my case.. Yesterday, when I got home, I found out that I received a letter from the officer I had the interview with. Apparently, he couldn't find my application fee receipt and gave me an another appointment for next Tuesday to talk to him and turn in the application fee or the receipt.. I paid the darn thing but I didn't make a copy of it.. So, I am going to pay for it again I think. Nevertheless, that's what must have been holding my application.. So, hopefully, I will find out for sure what's happening next week...

heyy Ipek thatssss gooddd newssssss :) Know u know why it took long. I say you will be allset soon.

Ipek79 said:

dv 2006 8 weeks after interview still no decision!

I am a DV2006 winner with EU3xxxx. I had my interview on June 21, 2006. At the end of the interview the officer said everything was complete and she is going to approve it. 8 weeks later and I have not recieve any notification of the decision! I went to the Baltimore office last week and they said my folder is still at Baltimore and the officer did not make any decision. They couldn't tell me if my background checking has been cleared. I have been told that I should hire a lawyer and file a Mandamus law suit.
I also wrote to my Senator and have a copy of the letter she wrote to CIS asking to expidite my application. Has anyone gone through the procedure of a law suit to help me? Should I hire a lawyer? Wait for a response to the Senator's letter. It is a lot of money (that I don't have) and I want to feel it is worth the expense.
I appreciate your advices

Novembre 2005 send the immigration package.
Feb 2006 Finger print
May 2006 notice for interview
Juin 21st 2006 Interview at Baltimore office
August 12 NO DECISION