steps in obtaining green card

oiler_1

Hi all,

What are the steps involved in obtaining a green card ?

These are the details of my case.

3/2002 got married to USC.
1/2003 filed I-130/I-485
3/2003 got EAD
2/2004 FP done
4/2004 Second EAD

I am in dallas, TX. I spoke to my lawyer and he informed me that the file had been transferred to the local dallas office. I looked at the processing dates for dallas district office and as of jul 2004, they are processing cases with reciept date of dec 2003.

What does this mean ? Since I applied in 1/2003 should I have heard from the district office about my AOS ? Does anyone else have any time line in a similar case in dallas ?

Can anyone please let me know how this works ?

Thanks again for all your answers !!

oiler_1 said:
Hi chand,
Thanks for the info. Did you go through the info pass ?

This is a bit of a misunderstanding and it confuses people. Infopass is different from the pilot program that is being used in Dallas to speed the Family Based GC process. InfoPass is being used in many areas and all you can do there is schedule an appointment with an IIO. The pilot program utilizes InfoPass but so far it only exists in Dallas.

infopass and pilot program for AOS

I agree with Jim that there is a lot of misunderstanding on pilot program and infopass. Infopass exists in a lot of other cities. In dallas they have a pilot program for AOS (it is to be scheduled by infopass, but as of now its not available in other cities offering infopass).