Steps after I-485 approval email

srk77

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I have looked for the steps that need to happen after approval email from USCIS, but could not find in any of the posts. I havent got my approval mail by regular mail yet. [got email about a week back] Hence wants to find the steps involved and time frame.

1) approval notice via e-mail
2) approval notice via regular mail [can take up to a month]
3) ??
4) ??
??

Help appreciated.

If you've not scheduled an appointment via Infopass, do so fast.. The docs I've taken are:

1) I-485 Courtesy approvals (that you'd recieve in regular mail) and originals (your lawyer would recieve).. But the officer just took the courtesy approvals and returned the original approvals back to me.

2) 2 Pass port size photographs with new guidelines (i.e, front face.. on your approval notices, you might have old instructions i.e, side face... So, take the *front* facing photos)

3) All your I-94s, EADs, Travel documents. Heard in some posts, that they've not taken from spouse. So, take care and inquire whether you need to

Reach 15mnts prior to your appointment (earlier that, it's of no use really).

It should be a breeze to get the stamp done.. Ofcourse, after the stamp, ensure that all the data entered by the officer is correct.

Best of luck!!!

Possible to go on an earlier date?

I have the approval notices and the appointments available via infopass clash with days i will not be in town, is it possible to go earlier? no dates later in the month are currently showing up. anybody else tried going in earlier. This is in the San Jose office.

gc_doc said:
I have the approval notices and the appointments available via infopass clash with days i will not be in town, is it possible to go earlier? no dates later in the month are currently showing up. anybody else tried going in earlier. This is in the San Jose office.

I tried going early to San Jose office but the officer near the gate didn't allow me to get in. They used to do that earlier but after 10/1/04 (or 11/1/04 ??) only people with infopass appointments on that day are allowed. Atleast at San Jose and I'm not sure about other places.

welcome letter?

needpatience4gc, Thanks for the detailed info.

When do this "welcome letter" come home? Does it come after the passport stamp? or does that depend on the passport stamp at all?

No Infopass appointments available

I went to the online infopass site. Filled out my zip code and selected "I received I-797 ..." and it says there are no info pass appointments available. Please try again at a later time.

Anyone in a similar situation??

Just when you think that nothing bad could possibly happen after this, something like this happens. :mad:

Where do I have take appoinment. I live in San Jose. so San Jose or SFO. one of my friend who live in san jose, was asked to come for stamping at SFO. please advise.

I am trying to get infopass for Charlotte, NC. Nothing is available at this time. I would try at different hours, and would post an update if, and when I am able to get the appointment.

any luck grinfo?

grinfo2004 said:
I am trying to get infopass for Charlotte, NC. Nothing is available at this time. I would try at different hours, and would post an update if, and when I am able to get the appointment.

grinfo,
I too am trying to get an infopass appt in Charlotte,NC...but getting the same message. I came back from my vacation to India just yesterday. I have been trying all day today...but with out any luck.

Any suggestions are welcome.

cheers,
speedy1027

speedy1027 said:
grinfo,
I too am trying to get an infopass appt in Charlotte,NC...but getting the same message. I came back from my vacation to India just yesterday. I have been trying all day today...but with out any luck.

Any suggestions are welcome.

cheers,
speedy1027

When I made the appointment, I tried at 10 p.m. and got it in the first shot. Try for really off-peak hours.

No luck so far

gchopeful2005 said:
When I made the appointment, I tried at 10 p.m. and got it in the first shot. Try for really off-peak hours.

did you get appt at the Charlotte office? I tried at non-peak times too...no luck so far :mad:

cheers,
speedy1027