Step Mother, Father and Child Under 21 case.

scriptonite

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My step mother is an American citizen, and she's married to my father, for a couple of years already (10+).
She got her citizenship 5 months ago, before she held a GC.
So now we're applying for his GC through the marriage, and since I'm his son, and I'm under 21, I'm applying together with him.

I entered then United States with a B1/B2 visa, which currently is expired.
This week we finished gathering some documents we were asked, and some medical exam results, and the lawyer is filing the papers for us.

I live in NYC, and my question is:
I want to travel somewhere around December 20th to Upstate NY (around Rochester), and I want to know if, in case I'm stopped by the immigration/customs along the way, showing them the NOA of my case, will stop them from deporting me?

I do have a lawyer, but these days, they are more interested in when I'm paying them, rather than answering questions.

THANK YOU very much in advance.

You father is an immediate relative of your step mother. You are not. She needs to sponsor you independent of your father.

My step mother is an American citizen, and she's married to my father, for a couple of years already (10+).
She got her citizenship 5 months ago, before she held a GC.
So now we're applying for his GC through the marriage, and since I'm his son, and I'm under 21, I'm applying together with him.