Staying abroad for 6 months 3 days due to covid now trying to apply for n400 citizenship will i have issues

Khadib

So i travelled abroad to my sons father since he has not seen him since he was born, but this was during covid, couldn’t make it back on my orginal return date because of covid, had to stay longer which resulted in the 6 months 3 days stay. Will i have issues or risk getting denied even though i kept my apartment, was paying rent, went back to university few months later? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

More than 6 months is a presumed break of residence but you can overcome that presumption.

from the uscis manual: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3

However, an applicant may overcome the presumption of a break in the continuity of residence by providing evidence to establish that the applicant did not disrupt the continuity of his or her residence. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to, documentation that during the absence:
  • The applicant did not terminate his or her employment in the United States or obtain employment while abroad;
  • The applicant’s immediate family members remained in the United States; and
  • The applicant retained full access to or continued to own or lease a home in the United States.

You’d have to make a judgement call on this, no one but the CO looking at your evidence can tell you definitively if you’d be ok or not. (If it were me I’d probably take the risk, while recognizing the risk of denial and therefore losing the fees paid)

I was in similar situation (for my mom). She was forced to stay outside US for 10+ months in 2020 because of covid. Her original return flight to US was cancelled by the airline. And then there were no other flights for a while. Also, didn't want to fly for health reasons (afraid of catching covid).
I applied for her naturalization knowing that she broke the 6 month rule. Just finished her biometrics.
Is it fair to say that we will find out about denial (or acceptance) only at the end of the process ? (about 12 months from now) ?

I was in similar situation (for my mom). She was forced to stay outside US for 10+ months in 2020 because of covid. Her original return flight to US was cancelled by the airline. And then there were no other flights for a while. Also, didn't want to fly for health reasons (afraid of catching covid).
I applied for her naturalization knowing that she broke the 6 month rule. Just finished her biometrics.
Is it fair to say that we will find out about denial (or acceptance) only at the end of the process ? (about 12 months from now) ?
Hope it goes well.
Did you get her a lawyer or you just did it on your own. I’m really worried about getting denied for this but hoping the officers would understand that it was a pandemic and things were not in our control

Hello, how did it go with your mom?