status when filing 485 once bill passed in joint committe

zamq

Registered Users (C)
once the bill passed in joint committe and President signs that bill, we can apply 485 eventhough our Pd is not current

this is my friend's question, i dont know what to tell, that's why i posted here

In what status can we apply 485/ead/ap ?,...140 is pending still in VSC, i think his PD is March 2002 in EB3, from India
if he is in AOS for another GC also, can he file
is that if he is in H4/F1/visiting visa also can he file 485?

pass the bridge if at all it comes

zamq said:
once the bill passed in joint committe and President signs that bill, we can apply 485 eventhough our Pd is not current

this is my friend's question, i dont know what to tell, that's why i posted here

In what status can we apply 485/ead/ap ?,...140 is pending still in VSC, i think his PD is March 2002 in EB3, from India
if he is in AOS for another GC also, can he file
is that if he is in H4/F1/visiting visa also can he file 485?

actually this is quite an interesting q. Even i read that IF this bill makes it to a law, then apparently spouses will not be counted and an additional 90000 GC numbers will be reused from prev years. I have YET to read anything that says regardless of PD we can apply.

Thanks for your answers but his main point is
now is no status, his 485 got denied becoz of his employer's fraud.
now he is of no status ,just got another approved labor and applied 140 on that one

waiting for this bill to come into effect so that he can apply ead/ap

zamq said:
Thanks for your answers but his main point is
now is no status, his 485 got denied becoz of his employer's fraud.
now he is of no status ,just got another approved labor and applied 140 on that one

waiting for this bill to come into effect so that he can apply ead/ap

you are talking about your case using friend's name. your was applied thru CST, which is denied along with others. just a suggestion; be frank and open. no one will lose respect for you if you say your case was denied due to employer fraud.

nozdam said:
actually this is quite an interesting q. Even i read that IF this bill makes it to a law, then apparently spouses will not be counted and an additional 90000 GC numbers will be reused from prev years. I have YET to read anything that says regardless of PD we can apply.

There is a request for 485 also. But I think the persons who are not able to apply 485 (even after getting I 140 approved) now due to retrogression will cover under this category. I think people should cover under this category before the bill is passed (if we have luck). This provision is not for any future 485 pending due to unavailability of visa numbers.