status problem..please help

georgemj

Hi guys:
I got my assessment letter and has been asked to proceed for medical. However, I have been asked to furnish my work certification and work status in the US. I don't have a status in the US, but I have been working in the software field here for 2.5 years now without the company knowing that I don't have a status. How do I explain this situation to the Canadian Visa officer in charge of my file. Please help me.
GJ:confused:

georgemj,
Please POSt the wording of the letter you recieved, then you can have a clear reply, Ray S seems to be correct

Ray/Avatar:
The wording of the letter is "please furnish work certification statements from the current employer and also US immigration work status" I had provide the work certification during the time of the application. As I understand the new law states that an applicant has to have legal status in the country from which he is applying from. But apparently, I was assessed (or had to be) under the old law cause the old law applied to all applicants whose who applied before Dec 31. Apparently, they have not rejected my case outright since they have asked me to proceed with the medical certification. How do I explain this to the Officer in charge? Your help is deeply appreciated.
Thanks

GJ

Ray if i understand correctly, u are suggesting that I do the medicals here and then transfer my case to India and keep working here for sometime until my interview date doesn't come up and then go there to give the interview. Why do u think i would need to get a job there before the interview? Also, can i appeal this case since obiously my case has been assessed according to the old law since it has not been rejected outright? thanks much
gm

I dont think asking for your work status has anything to do with old or new rules or 9/11. Even with old rules at the time applying we submit company letter and all pages of passport including H1 stamping. And you obviously didnt submit that which would have made them suspicious. These people are not that stupid..
And now they have asked for some docs, they wont settle for anything less so dont have many options I think

"please furnish work certification statements from the current employer and also US immigration work status"
send them employer letter and write on what USA Visa you were working, take chance, Like: I came to USA on Work Visa H1B and worked with employer XYZ and find the Contract copy or letter from Employer

BUT
I think you need to hire an attorney who *is*
experienced with these
kinds of case - asking here about that kind of
question is like asking
a newsgroup about advice for brain surgery. You may
get lucky and get
some advice that helps you out, but consider what
happens if the
advice is bad.