Status on USCIS Web site not updated after FP

swapnilpatil

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I did my fingerprinting in Nov 2004 and my wife did hers in Dec 2004(after returing from India). I don't see any updates on the USCIS website for either of us that they received the finger print results from FBI, it just says that they have mailed the Fingerprint Notices to appear for Fingerprinting.

I called up the FBI office and they said that they have send back the results to INS for further processing. Can anyone please let me know whether the status gets updated on USCIS after doing the fingerprinting.

Thanks
Filed for my I-140 and I-485 in Oct 2004.

The status and LUD do not always change after the FP. I am in the same situation.

A friend of mine works for the NSC, she told me that this is fairly normal, the dates or messages will not always change after the FP. She looked at my case and told me that everything looked fine and not to worry about it.

If you read though the site, you'll see people who also never got an update on the website but were then approved.

cfiler said:
The status and LUD do not always change after the FP. I am in the same situation.

A friend of mine works for the NSC, she told me that this is fairly normal, the dates or messages will not always change after the FP. She looked at my case and told me that everything looked fine and not to worry about it.

If you read though the site, you'll see people who also never got an update on the website but were then approved.
Hey Cfiler,
Did you check with your friend what is the rough estimation on your 140 approval? Just rough idea.. months or years?
Thanks
KK

She was unable to tell me exactly. She did say "you have a long time to wait." She figured that it'd take at least a year (12 or so months). But then this was when I filed for both concurrently and there was no retrogression. I'm not affected by retrogression, but it sounds like the adjudication rules have changed somewhat.

Even having a friend at the NSC doesn't help to speed up the process. There was nothing she could do. A coworker of hers married a woman from another country, he also works at the NSC and he was unable to do speed up his wife's immigration at all.

Another friend of mine knows the director of the NSC very well, he also tried to help a friend of his to get his paperwork faster. He failed. The director would not even listen to any pleas for help. Which is probably a good thing when you think about it. It wouldn't be fair for me or anyone else to get processed faster just because of who we know.

cfiler said:
She was unable to tell me exactly. She did say "you have a long time to wait." She figured that it'd take at least a year (12 or so months). But then this was when I filed for both concurrently and there was no retrogression. I'm not affected by retrogression, but it sounds like the adjudication rules have changed somewhat.

Even having a friend at the NSC doesn't help to speed up the process. There was nothing she could do. A coworker of hers married a woman from another country, he also works at the NSC and he was unable to do speed up his wife's immigration at all.

Another friend of mine knows the director of the NSC very well, he also tried to help a friend of his to get his paperwork faster. He failed. The director would not even listen to any pleas for help. Which is probably a good thing when you think about it. It wouldn't be fair for me or anyone else to get processed faster just because of who we know.
Hey Cfiler,
I didn't mean that way. Just to know how long it will take for 140. Yes if it takes an year let it be. We can't do anything. Bottom line as long as we see approvals the people who are applied before us that will be fine. We need to just wait until they pick our applications. Thanks for the info.. Really appreciate it.
KK

No problem, I didn't think you implied anything. I just wanted to get that in the open - that knowing someone at NSC really doesn't help. So there is no need for anyone to send me a PM asking me to have my friend look into their case or anything. It won't help.

Right now we are seeing a lot of Dec 03 - March 04 approvals. So this means that most cases are taking 12-16 months to get approved. So maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be all set by the end of this year and I can put this nightmare behind me.

cfiler said:
No problem, I didn't think you implied anything. I just wanted to get that in the open - that knowing someone at NSC really doesn't help. So there is no need for anyone to send me a PM asking me to have my friend look into their case or anything. It won't help.

Right now we are seeing a lot of Dec 03 - March 04 approvals. So this means that most cases are taking 12-16 months to get approved. So maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be all set by the end of this year and I can put this nightmare behind me.
I am wish yours and mine nightmares will go away atleast this year. Infact I was reading an article about USCIS processing times the they WANT to reduce the average time for 140 to 7 months. I saw some approvals for june also in the forum. May be in next couple of months your 140 will get cleared. I have to long way. Lets hope for the best and keep fingers crossed.
Thanks
KK

kalgadam said:
Kriskish,

Please can you tell me if you, what they will check after they took the FP (Both)
Hey I did not get your question? Could you please eloborate for me please?
Thanks
KK

kalgadam said:
Kriskish

I mean, will they (INS) do our background check or any thing else.
I think FBI will check everything and then sent the details to the USCIS. There is a number where you can call FBI and you can check is everything is ok or not. (304) 625 5590 Press 3 and speak to a human. You have to say Finger print results and give your A- number (found in the FP notice)... HTH
Thanks
KK

kriskish,

How long you have to wait after FP is done before calling the number you provided? I did my FP & Biometrics on 03/10/2005. Do you think I can call them now?

TIA

FAQ said:
kriskish,

How long you have to wait after FP is done before calling the number you provided? I did my FP & Biometrics on 03/10/2005. Do you think I can call them now?

TIA
You can call now.. I called after 3 days..
Thanks
KK

kriskish,

Thank you for the quick response. I've just called the number and was told that there was no problem with the prints and they were sent to INS.

Thanks again. :)

FAQ-er

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know the result of FingerPrint

Hi,

I called FBI Finger Pring agent and was told that my finger print was readable and result was sent back to USCIS. The customer representative said she could not tell me the details of the result. So far there is no LU on my case. Can anyone share how do I know if the FP result is clear?

Thanks,
Seattle2005