Status on Response for case status enquiry

vidy5300

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone get the letter after a case status enquiry and after the online message changed to "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case.............." ? If so could you please tell me what the content of the letter was. My ND is Oct 2002. No FP yet. I have this online message dated January 18. Have not recieved a letter yet.

tx11, wanderer^sun, UnFort_User, lasthead, casper1972, yorkosa did u all receive the letter?

Thank you
vidy5300

Did u send written inquery and u got this msg?

or

Did u call 800? and what did u ask/tell them about ur pettition? and what was their reply to u?

or

You moved and filed 'change of address' and update ur pettition?

I called 800 number

I called the 800 number on Jan 7 when the processing date was 12/5/2002. I told them that my case is older than the current processing time and is not approved yet nor did I get FP. For that the rep said that she does not have any other information with her other than what is displayed on the website and that she can initiate a case status enquiry for me. So she filed an enquiry and told me that I should get a reponse within 30 days. And then on Jan 19 the online message changed to "On January 18 we responded .......". Have not got the letter yet. Eagerly waiting to see the content of the letter.

I am guessing two scenarios,

You may be or may not be receiving letter (its just standard letter telling why they are sending u this)
Plus you would get ur FP soon. doesn't matter u received that letter, keep in touch with ur attorney about FP. let them know in adv that ur expecting FP.

Its the FP u are waiting for. keep in tough with attorney.

Many ppl shred their exp in 'Change of address' and the same msg, and they received simple letter stating 'why they are sending this letter' + case current situation.

since ur situation is different that trigger the msg, as ppl shared either they nerver received or they got progress in other things like FP / RFE, which they were expecting, so sit tight and wait.

wish u good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
vidy5300,

I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Checking my mailbox has become another hobby for me(it is like playing soccer or basketball). nothing so far....It has been 13 days since the message changed. no LUD changes since then.

RD: Oct 31, 2002
NOOOO FP.................

My lawyer made a second inquiry and my LUD changed yesterday(finally, my LUD date was june 2002!).I also received a letter from my senator with a form stating that i should enter my details and sign it so they can do an inquiry on my case(giving them the right to do that/privacy act).

Question is : Should i wait 30 days/letter(whatever comes first) or should i send the letter back to senator so they can make another inquiry (i am only wondering if they would have more influence than my lawyer).

I am just glad i had a LUD change in my case, since the first inquiry it seemed they did not care/do anything.

thanks

wheresmygc

I am in the same boat. I called USCIS 1-800 to initiate case inquiry on 01/07/2005, on 01/19/2005 online status changed to "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case." Till now I haven't got letter yet.

-------------
EB-3 (RIR)
ND: 09/2002
FP: 10/05/04

Nd:aug 28,2002
Fp:12/17/2003 Going To Expire Soon.

Called 1800 Nuber For Address Change On Jan 6. Mesaage Changed On 12th Saying Responded To Your Request For More Information On Your Case. Nothing Received Yet.

i got the same message after my address change, in the mail all I got was a confirmation of address change.

got response from USCIS

I had initiated a case status inquiry through my lawyer. On Jan 19 my LUD changed & the online message said "WE responded to your request for more information......". Today I got a letter from USCIS saying that my case has been sent to a supervisor.

lasthead
I-485 ND - Oct 2002
FP: Jul 2003