Status of NIW applicants at VSC since September 2005

Name Check

I think you need to call if your RD or ND is way past the processing date and they will let you know what the matter is.
Frankly, EB1doc may know a lot more. Ask him.

panduranga said:
I think you need to call if your RD or ND is way past the processing date and they will let you know what the matter is.
Frankly, EB1doc may know a lot more. Ask him.

Thats correct!
If your dates have passed
use POJ trick which i also posted few days back here to connect with BCIS
place an enquiry and if yoru name check is pending you will come to know by placing enquiry on I-485. Be prepared for any kind of answer though!! similarly you can also place enquiry for I-140 petition!!

Getting the horse to drink the water

Well, I contacted my local congressman previously, now I contacted my senator. What else can I do in my capacity to get this tug moving. Your comments will be most helpful. Thanks

niwnow said:
Well, I contacted my local congressman previously, now I contacted my senator. What else can I do in my capacity to get this tug moving. Your comments will be most helpful. Thanks

sorry about that!
IF u r from INDIA
you know....best strategy will be to keep quite for next two months and EB2 is unavaliable for two months......although it is related to I-140 CENTERS don't approve applicants case that fast in VISA #s are not avaliable...............

Progress but no LUD

I don't see any LUD's on my application, but the congressman's aide said that my application has been adjudicated to someone and that someone is going to look at it in few weeks.

Looks like RFE season

Man, as soon as they started pickin' up applications they have RFEs out like crazy. Hang in there NIWOCT19, NIW-VSC05. Looks like these are common RFE's, goodluck everyone.

Rfe?

No, I am not that lucky. I was just responding to posts from you and NIW-VSC05. Looks like nobody's looked at my application yet. Now, I would not be surprised if I get one though.

I-140 approved

Okay, I am relieved now. Thanks to all for your positive and supportive attitude.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 24, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

niwnow said:
Okay, I am relieved now. Thanks to all for your positive and supportive attitude.

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 24, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

congrats!!!

NIW cover letter template

EB1doc, what say ye for my chances of a +ve answer for a EB1-OR application (see below).

For having received so much from the forum, I feel obligated to share this with you. I hope you all find this useful, but please don't hold me responsible for anything. I am just including headings and major subheadings of my cover letter (20 pages long). These qualifications were as of 9/05, thanks to several positive developments, I'd like to think I'm doing well now.

Start:
Please find the following evidence in support of Dr. …I-140 Immigrant Visa petition as an Advanced Degree Professional with Exceptional ability, seeking an exemption of the requirement of a job offer in the national interest (NIW). Evidence provided below is based on the USCIS bulletin “Employment-based Permanent Residence, Employer Information Bulletin 14 (11/12/03)” http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/employerinfo/Bull14final110303.pdf .

Section A) Evidence to support Dr. … as an Alien of Exceptional Ability:
Please find documentation for four out of the six suggested in the above referenced bulletin to support that Dr. … is an alien of exceptional ability in …Sciences, specifically in the area of …
1. An official academic record showing the alien has a degree, diploma, certificate or similar award from a college, university, school or other institution of learning relating to the area of exceptional ability.

2. Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability ( I did not know how to compare my salary with my peers, I am not sure this was considered)
Petitioner commanded a high starting salary:
Petitioner commands performance bonus:

3. Membership in professional associations: (give weblinks, specific details on how the society accepts members)
Member since …
Membership is offered to qualified researchers with scholarly publications and excellent contributions towards the field of …. Current membership exceeds …. and spans over 50 countries.

4. Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the field as assessed by peers, government entities, professional or business organizations

Awards Received at work place
Awards from Professional Organizations
Awards from Academia
Recommendation letters from
- peers/independent critics in government entities
- Business organizations
- Academia
Dr. … Serves on Review Boards for grants,

Section B) Evidence to support national interest waiver petition:

1. Evidence to support that the proposed employment is in an area that has substantial inherent value

Describe your area of work and practical examples of how your work improves American public life/health how your area of work helps American economy.

2. Evidence of the proposed benefit to be provided by the applicant is national in scope

Briefly describe your work profile (simple English please, avoid technical jargon). Please find attached in APPENDIX , an article delineating the profile of XYZ in the United States. This article features a survey of educational level of XYZ in academia, pharmaceutical industry and US government. then I wrote something like, Thus anybody in my field is a major contributor to american public health, but see my specific contributions below.

3. Evidence of the national benefit to be provided by the applicant outweighs the national interest in the labor certification process

Supporting documentation: Six publications of Dr. …research have appeared in highly prestigious, peer-reviewed journals such as … Also attached in the same appendix are 15 scientific abstracts of presentations made since … at the annual meetings of various US professional organizations X, Y and Z. 40 citations of Dr. … research findings by commercial vendor(s), industry and researchers in academia are also submitted. Review of citations indicate that Dr. … research findings have direct utility in commercial contract research, industrial and clinical applications as described below and far reaching academic research extrapolations into a variety of other … areas apart from those described below.

Impact of Dr. … Published Research on American Public Health and Economy- Not Related to Current Employment

Impact of Dr. …’s Research on American Public Health and Economy- Related to Current Employment

Summary:
Section A) Dr. …acquired a Ph.D. from a reputed institution in the United States and he is member of X professional societies and commands high remuneration with his employer and is held at high standards by peers in Academia, Industry and Government. Thus, evidence is provided to support that Dr. … is an alien of exceptional ability.
Section B) Dr. … is an accomplished scientist in the field of … which has inherent value and scope at the national level. Dr. … research expertise and accomplishments irrespective of affiliations have extremely positive impact on United States Public Health and Economy. Thus, evidence is provided to suggest that the national benefit to be provided by Dr. … outweighs the national interest in the labor certification process

Last edited by a moderator:
niwnow said:

Current Status:

Congratulations niwnow!!!!!

congrats NIW now!!!
must say this thread was most boring/sluggish of all to read but your recent contribution is good!!
enjoy!!!

Thanks

Thank you all.

Can you all throw in some light on my chances for EB1-OR success? with EB2 stuck in retro, I would like to explore and take advantage of the EB1 route being current for AOS.

NIW I140 Approval/EB1-EA: Question for EB1doc and all

Friends,

I received an e-mail from the USCIS, informing that my I140 for NIW has been approved after 4 months in for FBI security clearance.

I had the following questions:

a) What precautions do I need to take against possible pitfalls for future for successful I485 adjudication?

b) How long does it usually take for I485 approval - I am from India.

c) I have also applied for EB1-EA and will be responding to a RFE soon. If I pursue it further and if it gets approved, does it spped up my I485 approval. Note that my I485 is attached to my NIW I140 and not EB1-EA I140.
Thanks for all your help and useful information that I have shared on this forum.

NIW I140 Approval/EB1-EA: Question for EB1doc and all

Regarding my second question in the previous post, I140 and I485 were filed concurrently in 10/05

HELP: Need your suggestions - Have less than 30 days

The NIW/EB1 forum is not allowing me to create a new thread. So, I am going back to a familiar thread.

How do I clearly prove that I am one of the very small percentage of people that has risen to the top of the field?

I am very optimistic about the letter that I received today asking for more evidence. It clearly tells me what to do in bold highlight. I need your help to respond to the "intent to deny" within 30 days. I think the clock started already and I might need to hurry up on this one before the holiday season kicks in.

The following is the request for evidence with segments in bold highlight:

"Please submit evidence to show that the beneficiary is recognized as one of the very small percentage that has risen to the very top of the field"

The letter clearly says
"The mere submission of 3 or more of the above items may not establish eligibility for this classification. EA is defined as "a level of expertise indicating that the individual is one of the small percentage of who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor". The evidence must clearly demonstrate that the beneficiary has sustained national or international acclaim and that his achievements have been recognized as extraordinary by other in the field"

This is among other things that included the standard list of satisfying 3 out of 10.

niwnow said:
The NIW/EB1 forum is not allowing me to create a new thread. So, I am going back to a familiar thread.

How do I clearly prove that I am one of the very small percentage of people that has risen to the top of the field?

I am very optimistic about the letter that I received today asking for more evidence. It clearly tells me what to do in bold highlight. I need your help to respond to the "intent to deny" within 30 days. I think the clock started already and I might need to hurry up on this one before the holiday season kicks in.

The following is the request for evidence with segments in bold highlight:

"Please submit evidence to show that the beneficiary is recognized as one of the very small percentage that has risen to the very top of the field"

The letter clearly says
"The mere submission of 3 or more of the above items may not establish eligibility for this classification. EA is defined as "a level of expertise indicating that the individual is one of the small percentage of who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor". The evidence must clearly demonstrate that the beneficiary has sustained national or international acclaim and that his achievements have been recognized as extraordinary by other in the field"

This is among other things that included the standard list of satisfying 3 out of 10.

Did TSC mention about "Intent to deny"?

you should get more letters (independent letters) saying that your work is really extraordinary and you have groundbreaking outcome :). If you have an attorney they know how to write these stuffs.