Status of NIW applicants at VSC since September 2005

Interesting change in notice

Immediately after my application was received by NSC after transfer from VSC, I remember seeing a notice to the effect that it is going to take 150 or more days for processing this case. Now I see the following with out any change in LUD, without the 150 or more days part:

On May 24, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

See if you notice the same on yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
notice change

NIW-Nov 04 said:
Did you place an enquiry? Alternately if you called them to check status of your application .. you may see such notice W/o change in LUD.

I too noticed a similar change in message as the earlier poster. They replaced
the earlier standard 850-900 days messages with the following,

begin new message
{
You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.
}
end new message

I had enquired about my case status since it was beyond normal published processing time. I was provided a confirmation number. So, it is indeed what you suspected. However, the LUD has not changed.

VSC to NSC II

I got the notice that My I-140/485 just arrived to NSC with following messages.

*On June 2, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

So, I guess I'll hear the decision in two months if NSC processing time schedule holds in future.

The first transfer notice was May 30th (VSC to NSC).

RD (I-140/485) to VSC: 11/9/05
FP: Jan 2006
RD to NSC: 6/2/06

Last edited by a moderator:
VSC to NSC transfer

NIW-Nov 04: No, I had not talked to any one at that time.

Bro1 and others: It is like you stand in a line for eight months and then the line is stopped suddenly, you are then shunted to the back of a different line and made to wait longer. My congressman's office called and found out that my case, although sitting in NSC for the past 10 days, has not been adjudicated to a live person yet. This really bites.

No I am not from retrogressed country. My case is NIW for EB2 physicians. I dunno if that matters, but it may be good news for those of you who have RD in October and November; might mean that VSC is finally adjudicating NIW cases. Good wishes to all of you on your cases!

relevance of I-140 and retrogression status

eb1doc,

You may have noted that I have been asking several folks this same question for a while now. I am testing the hypothesis that even I-140s (atleast concurrently filed with I-485) are being processed based on Visa availability.

Now thinking from a INS officers point of view, if ones' priority date for I-485 is not going to be current for a while what is the point in spending time on reviewing that guys' I-140. Its gonna take another 5-6 months for EB2s in 2005 to become current, so I might as well work on back logged EB2 I-140 and their I-485s for retrogressed folks dating back to 2002-03 or EB1s or current cases of non-retrogressed folks.

Ofcourse, this approach will mean two or three ulcers in the applicants' stomach awaiting the I-140 result. So, I hope my hypothesis fails.

Nothing else explains that folks in VSC EB2-NIW have pending I-140s since June 05. Either that or our applications are assigned to a weirdo or the astrology of these applicants is kinda messed up at the moment.

eb1doc said:
does this matter for I-140 ? as this becomes issue for I-485 ....

NIW approved

Hi all,

Just got 5 emails informing me that my EB2-NIW (VSC) has been approved. I'm sooo relieved. Haven't heard anything about EB1 (transferred to NSC) yet so I'm retrogressed as of now.
This is a good sign for people waiting for VSC. They probably just started working on EB2NIWs.
Good luck pplu and others!

Chatto.

chatto said:
Hi all,

Just got 5 emails informing me that my EB2-NIW (VSC) has been approved. I'm sooo relieved. Haven't heard anything about EB1 (transferred to NSC) yet so I'm retrogressed as of now.
This is a good sign for people waiting for VSC. They probably just started working on EB2NIWs.
Good luck pplu and others!

Chatto.
congrats once again!
so ur I-485 is coupled with NIW or EB1
you will get it soon!

Thanks eb1doc,

I'm surprised u're still around in this forum. Maybe because so many people keep asking for your help here and it must be gratifying to get all their appreciation.

My 485 was tagged with the EB2NIW 9/30/05- the last day for concurrent 485 filing. The reasoning was that if the Eb1 is approved, the 485 can be shifted to the EB1 140 since EB1 was likely at the time to be taken off retrogression. The reverse would not be possible since EB2 was expected to stay retrogressed, and I would not be able to interfile until EB2 availability became current for me.

eb1doc said:
congrats once again!
so ur I-485 is coupled with NIW or EB1
you will get it soon!

No Change in processing dates for us

Limbo, limbo, limbo...

Looks like NSC is playing Limbo game. No change in processing dates for pretty much all major categories.

Any updates

Well, another week has come to an end. I wish you well, but please post any developments. My Congressman's office contacted USCIS and they were told to wait until Aug 1st and then call back. I won't even try calling USCIS.

Stuck in name check

My NIW I140 and I485 were filed together in early October 2005 at Vermont. I replied to the RFE in February 2006 and got my EAD Card and AP documents.
The processing dates have gone past but I have not heard on my case. The bad news is that it has gone for FBI name check. I had thought that FBI name check happens after I140 has been adjudicated, but my lawyer said it is not the case.

Does anyone have similar experiences?
Any suggestions on how long to wait?
Also, how do we apply for renewal of EAD Card/AP?

Lawyer told me that both the cumstomer service and my Senator office placed written inquiries 30 days ago, but still not a single word from VSC. :mad:

Name Check?

Sorry about your situation.

How does one find out if the application is pending name check, particularly if you don't have a lawyer working for you?

panduranga said:
My NIW I140 and I485 were filed together in early October 2005 at Vermont. I replied to the RFE in February 2006 and got my EAD Card and AP documents.
The processing dates have gone past but I have not heard on my case. The bad news is that it has gone for FBI name check. I had thought that FBI name check happens after I140 has been adjudicated, but my lawyer said it is not the case.

Does anyone have similar experiences?
Any suggestions on how long to wait?
Also, how do we apply for renewal of EAD Card/AP?