Status of NIW applicants at NSC

tradhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

There seem to be a lot of NIW approvals from NSC for people who sent their petitions right before retrogression. Please post your RD / ND and approval date here so that it helps us folks who are waiting.

Thanks
----------------------------
RD - 09/28 ND 10/06

Is it just the two of us ? My LUD was 10/11/2005(the same day my checks cleared). The reason i started this thread was to mainly figure if NSC is handling NIW cases in FIFO or not ?(atleast the ones filed in Sep 2005).

there are more for sure. NIWNEW and NIW_05 got approved
already. Yes, you are right, my 140 LUD also might due to
the 485 check cashed. We need patience!

NIW_0926 said:
there are more for sure. NIWNEW and NIW_05 got approved
already. Yes, you are right, my 140 LUD also might due to
the 485 check cashed. We need patience!

NIWNew’s RD was 09/23. Do you happen to know what the RD is for NIW_05?

RD 9/22/05.Copied from his post, his case was appoved within 10 days!
Quote from NSC-NIW05:

Concorrently filed I-140+I-485
RD: 9/22/05
ND: 9/23/05
I-140 AD: 10/03/05

As far as I know, two people in the same university as me got their NIWs approved within one month after submitting the petitions to NSC by 10/01. Both are self-petitioned. One was approved in the middle of October and the other one was approved last week.
Unfortunately, one friend's NIW+485 package was rejected (not denied) by NSC since he forgot to sign the I-140 form when submitting the petition by the end of September.
Good luck.

if possible, can you share your background with us so that we have a better sense? One theory is that stronger cases get processed faster.
thanks.

Hi,

Good to hear that NSC is approving petitions that fast. Congrats guys. Looks like there are more people with approved NIW's than people who are waiting. Is there anyone else in the waiting game other than myself and NIW-0926 ?

Thanks

HI, everyone one, I just received the approval email of my NIW 140(NSC). Found new LUD in the morning and got the email this afternnon!
Many thanks to folks here and good luck for everyonbe!
Tradhi, I believe yours will be appoved soon!

Background:
PhD from 2nd tier University in the states.
9 papers(3 first author) and 6 meeting posters, >110 independent citations.
6 reference letters (4 independent)

Hey..Thats very happy news. Hearty Congratulations. Hopefully, I will hear the good news soon too. Congrats again.