Status of I458, Contacted USCIS, Still no Reply. Do they Work?

gino

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

My I485 ND is Dec. 20, 99. I called the USCIS 3 weeks ago to inquire about the status of my case, they said they will get back to me. So far, have not received anything, so I called again, and they told me that I have to wait for 30 days before I make another inquiry. Does anyone know, what these people do in Nebraska? Does anyone have similar situation?

i think gino the next 2 monthes we will start to see a huge amount of approoved cases because i think they would never get to my case before they go through yours first because i m in february 2000 ,so i think they are trasferring what ever they want to transfer first and they are prepairing the rest for approoval
and i think all of you will hear from them very soon
this is my oppinion and my feeling about what s going on
thanx

After all these messages, finally I called, and spoke to one sweet lady. According to her they are processing March 2000, which is past my RD( Nov 99), so she asked me, if I want an inquiry, like some of you did in the past. she took all my information, which will be forwarded to NSC, and I will receive a generic letter stating (stop bugging us).
What is going on, someone mention here that thier case from March 2000 was sent to local office, I thought may be that is one such case. I file in Nov 99 and still waiting, and they are picking cases without any order. This clearly indicates that how disorganise they are. :D

SAM 33,

I called that number more than 3 weeks ago, I still haven't heard from them, I haven't even received that damn generic letter. No one knows what they do out there!

I have a small list of similar LINs that I check regularly and that have the same ND as mine (Jan 10 2004). One of them was approved August 4th 2004 (very strange). One of the LINs statuses was just changed on November 4th 2004 and the case was transferred to Miami FL. I will keep monitoring and will let you know if there are any other changes.

Jan 10th 2004?

Hi ,
Did you mean to say Jan 10th 2000? Id odn't believe anybody with Jan 10th 2004 could get approved that quick.
Please re-check.
Thanks

Thank Punjabi, keep us updated. Hope we all will get the damn approvals soon.

Gino

sorry to brake bad news, but that LIN had jan 10 ND and it did change to appoved. It could be RD prior to November, but that is most unlikely. I have no idea why. Maybe it is not asylee, but again we are the one with a long wait. Who knows ... don't take it as granted ... we will see about the majority of the LIN that I have

Update

Today exactly a week later, after I post my earlier post on this thread, finally today I received a reply, just a system generate, generic reply stating. LOL
Again telling me the story of 10,000 per year, and they are receiving between so & so applications lately, so my app will be process between Oct 04 to Sep 05. I am only few days away from their start date, and almost month & a half has passed, and my FP will expire soon( 15 mon). What is this, I feel bad for those who will be waiting 10-15 yrs more, By the way I have been here for 16 yrs, do they care.

Calm Down

Hey Guys,

I know EXACTLY what you are going through... I've been there myself. I just wanted to chime in and let you know a few things.

Just because they stated they are processing upto March 2000 doesn't mean everything has been completed. In fact, nothing has started yet. At the beginning of every fiscal year, the CIS estimates the STOPPING date (or CUTOFF date) for Asylee Adjudication for that current year. So - they are saying that for fiscal yeart Oct 04 - Sept 05, they will process Asylum I-485s from Nov 17th 1999 to March 30th, 2000. This is their estimate for now, but most likely, they will extend that date beyond March 2000 (as they normally underestimate the cutoff date).

CIS - Nebraska works rather slowly and on different applications at a time. You've noticed that the RTDs have been picking up lately and I believe they are focusing on those for now to bring down the backlog. They will soon shift to the I-485 adjudication. For those of you who underwent fingerprinting end of last year/beginning of this year, hopefully your security check has been completed. The only think that would hold you up is getting an I-602 Waiver form. But that is easy enough to complete.

Please stay calm. I never though I would see the day I would get approved- BUT it happened. And it will happen to you too.

Good luck.

LolaLi, thanks, your comments are very helpful. I took my fingerprints in Aug. of 2003, would I have to take them again? If I have to, it will definitely delay the approval process by another 3 months or so. I think we just need to be patient, there is nothing else that we can do!

Gino