Status not found

chapter11

Registered Users (C)
Folks

My and my wifes case was approved oct 2001.My son's case was pending.But today when i checked the status , i get this message:

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

Thanks for your help

Chapter11

That normally means it's approved

atleast as per other postings here, especially for minor dependents.

my son got the same "not found message" but after 4 days, the messages changed to be" card is ordered..", and more interestingly, after 2 days, the message is :" a approval notice has been mailed".

In general, kids younger than 14 years old will get the card automatically, but the message looks like he will get the notice and then do stamping. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks!

my son got the same "not found message" but after 2 days, the messages changed to be" card is ordered..", and more interestingly, after 2 days, the message is :" a approval notice has been mailed".

I got wel-come notice for my son with my approval notice and within one week
I got actual green card for him.

I did passport stamping for him with wel-come notice with my and my-wife's passport stamping on same day.

Thanks!

Chapter11,

Same happened with me. But in three weeks I got my son GC at home. I also took my son for passport stamping.

not a big deal

being software professional you should know that databases at BCIS are down some time and you get this message "case not found"

so don't panic , it get's fixed after some downtime.

:D :D

Folks

Today we get this message

On January 27, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Chapter11

Folks

Went to Federal Plaza,NY for the stamping for my son (10 yrs).The officer told that stamping is not needed and we will get the card in mail within 3 weeks.

Thanks

Chapter11