Status Message Changed

pashwin

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
The status message on my Wife's I-485 changed today to the below.

On March 28, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

My wife received the FP notice about 15 days ago and it is scheduled for April 12th, 2005. I am unable to think of any other activity which would cause the message to change to the above mentioned.
Anyone with similar experiences? maybe an RFE?

This msg is for your FP notice only.Maybe they have sent out a copy to your lawyer too.Dont worry its definitely for the FP. We recd the same msg too.

hope74,
Thanks for the reply. I received the FP notice more than 15 days ago and I do not have an attorney for my case. I had filed it myself.

Today even my case status changed to the below.
I had received FP notice 15 days ago and have not done it yet. I do not have an attorney on the case. Could this possibly be a RFE? Has anyone received this generic message below even for an RFE?

On March 30, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

PAshwin, Here's My 2 cents. Check both (your's & your wife's original FP notice. If it is with code 1 then you'll be getting another FP notice with code 2, that will be for biometrics.

adibazz,
thanks for the info.
My original FP notice is Code 1 .
I will let you know if and when i receive something in the mail.

It is most likely an FP with Code 3

pashwin,

adibazz is probably right. Lately a lot of people have gotten 2nd FP notices with code 3 on them. Code 3 is for FP with biometrics (digital pic + index finger FP).

Good luck.

saras

saras/adibazz...

thanks for the info.

is that a good thing ? considering my PD is not current yet?

I too in the same town....

Pashwin,

Don't worry. For sure it's a finger print notice. One thing I notice from your details is, happened to be I also got the same date for FP scheduled in West Palm Beach FL. Mine is at 1.00 PM. If yours in the same time, lets hope we meet there.

Have a good luck and see you there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PD : Jan 2003 (EB2) Florida

EAD : RD : 09/16/2004 AD : 11/18/2004
AP : RD : 09/16/2004 AD : 11/18/2004
I-140 : RD 09/16/2004 AD : 02/28/2005
FP : 04/12/2005

I-485 : RD 09/16/2004 AD : ????

-----------------------------------------------------------

My status had changed for this reason.

------------------------------------------
Another FP notice was sent to me and my wife for the same CODE 1 and it was undeliverable.

USCIS has wrong address on the FP notice(a PO BOX). I have never rented a PO box and have never mentioned a PO BOX address to USCIS.. Dont know why did they send it to a PO BOX.
USCIS got it back and then mailed to my correct address.

I do not have an attorney on my case, hence I might have received 2 copies of the FP.

Me too

I got my FP to be done in WPB, but APR 13. Even though, my wife is scheduled for APR 23, I'm taking her with me the same day. Maybe, they could let her in.

What do you think?

moroni,
they may or may not. it's a 50-50 chance, but you could try. The people at WPB office are not that friendly.

Mine fp was scheduled on April 12th at WPB also, luckily I did it on March 17th already. They are not very friendly but still they let me do it.