status inquiry for I-140

soham13

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My I-140 RD is 09/05/2003.

I have been following up with my lawyer to send an inquiry to TSC. It has been almost 8 days and lawyer is saying she is not able to get thru the Busy Customer service phone line.

In this case , can I myself call to check the status ? Would it harm any way ? Also how long does it take to get the reply after you put in the request for status check ?

Any suggestions would be of great help.....! Also, is there any one else in the same situation ?

Regards,

When I called up USCIS, to inquire on my I-140 status, they told me that, only petitioner or the Attorney (Who prepared the application), can call for I-140 status. So I had my company HR to call USCIS and they told her, that they will send a written letter within 30 days in response. That is how TSC works, I am waiting on the letter.

Even I have seen in some of the cases, wherein they sent the letter or e-mail reply, it's just the standard answer 'We are working on your case....', really there is no use of any status inquiry.

Hope will get there sooner or later.

---------------------------------------
Labor - EB3, PD 04/18/2002
140 RD - 10/27/03 (No Change Yet)
485 RD - 12/02/03 (No Change Yet) (semi-conc)
FP - 03/17/04
2nd EAD approved, waiting for 2nd AP approval

I called USCIS on my I -140 and the lady politely told me that my employer or attorney must call. I could have told I am the employer and got some feedback but her reply is the same. They are processing the case.

You remember the recorded message when you call the 1-800 number " Your call is important to us. The next available operator will be with you very soon " and this goes on for 1 hour. That is the way the system works. They look polished but screw your happiness.

In your case, the processing date is over 30 days from yours and so you can ask for an update thro the attorney. But do not expect any quick results. May be senator letter may help.

Thanks and wish you best of luck.

in my case, i called the 800 number for the first time and i must say i had a pleasant exp. all in all.

Here is a summary. I called the 800 number and after going thru the menu, was on hold for abt 2.5 min, and then a rep cam online. I gave her my info and she basically repeated what the online message says. Then I asked her that it is past 30 days and the i wanted to initiate an inquiry on my case. she said only the employer or employer's rep can do it. I asked her if it has to be in writing or can it be verbal? She told me verbal was fine. I asked her if my boss would suffice? she said yes. I asked her if she would not mind holding and see if i cud get my boss online. she complied and said she cud only hold for 30 seconds. i went and got my boss and he authorized the inquiry. after that he gave the phone back to me and she wanted bunch of other info to initiate the inquiry.

thats the good news:) now the bad news...two days later, my LUD changed and they have issued a RFE on my 140 and have sent it to the lawyer. am waiting to hear from the lawyer to see what its about:(

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My PD for I 140 is 16-Oct-2003.When i called up to enquire,they told that lawyer should call.When the lawyer initated an enquiry,they replied that they are processing concurrently filed I 140 when the I 485 is taken for processing.

I think which means when the I-485 is in the ready to be processed stage and NOT the standalone I-485 processing date is current.

JagadishP said:
My PD for I 140 is 16-Oct-2003.When i called up to enquire,they told that lawyer should call.When the lawyer initated an enquiry,they replied that they are processing concurrently filed I 140 when the I 485 is taken for processing.

I also called (RD Aug 28, 2003) and they said employer should call. He called and they said they would put the inquiry in the system. That was more than a week ago. I also faxed them.

They also replied to the congressman's letter on my behalf. The anwser? "The processing time for your petition is consistent with the petition process at this TSC". How about the fact that it is 4 months past their current processing dates??? They don't care.

BTW, my LUD never changed. Even when they replied to the congressman.

compguy222,

u r right...they dont know whether he is really my boss or not. but they took his word for it and initiated an inquiry. two days later i get a RFE. i dont know if the RFE was already coming or whether my call triggered it. i dont know of any way to figure that.

I tell you from my personal experience it is a complete waste to time to even call up the hot line. They will read what you already know and nothing more! These so called customer rep. cant even find out more information. I have gave up on this. So I got my congressman to initiate an inquiry and all I got was what Comp Chem stated. Totally useless.

And once you got a reply, the date will change from say 2003 to current date. It is another way of "creative manipulation" of these dates to show that UCIS is on target to handling their backlog problems. I cannot understand why we legal immigrants are put to such excrutiating process when we are qualified and productive professionals contributing to US companies.

Sorry to vent my frustrations here.

Good luck to everyone waiting and waiting......