Status enquiry

murthy_janaki

Registered Users (C)
Gurus Pleasse help.

My i-140 was filled on dec-22-04 and although the lud changed two time once oct-15 and oct-29 nothing happened after that. So i called the i-800 number and she initiated a status enquiry. Will it hurt my processing. Did anybody else do tha same thing and got any answer please respond.

murthy_janaki,
My employer started an inquiry on 140 almost 1 month back, with no response. Looks like its time for 2nd inquiry. My lawyer allegedly has done 2 inquiries on my 140 also. No change on LUD or message.
how were you able to start 140 inquiry? whenever I called and tried, they say only your employer can start 140 inquiry

Hi Thanks for the reply. I called the National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 number and told the lady who answered my phone about my situation. She said that all she can do is a status enquiry and also took my a number , phone number and work number. According to her the results will come directly to our mailing address. So go ahead and try if you feel safe.

Ah what?

Murthy Jee,
There is something wrong here. How can file 140 on Dec 22, 04 when December is not even here yet? :confused:

typo yaar

Punjabi_munda,

It is a typo ..

murthy_janaki,

Doesn't your attorney want to talk about it ? They are paid to atleast to do that.

-Sonpapdi

Hi All it was a typo. I spoke with my attourney and she was asking me to wait for like another month ( reason she know better ) and then do a fax enquiry. She was not showing any intrest as she is busy with other cases. So i tried myself after seeing so many i-140 approvals on this forum.

An enquiry wouldn't hurt

murthy_janaki said:
Gurus Pleasse help.

My i-140 was filled on dec-22-04 and although the lud changed two time once oct-15 and oct-29 nothing happened after that. So i called the i-800 number and she initiated a status enquiry. Will it hurt my processing. Did anybody else do tha same thing and got any answer please respond.

especially given that your ND has been passed. However, pls. note that you yourself are not 'authorized' (if I may use that term) to enquire about your I-140.
FYI, I initiated atleast a couple of "enquiries" (thru my employer, and also my Attorney); I finally secured approval!

One of my lawyer friend - when contacted BCIS was told that if 140 and 485 cases are filed concurrently, they would get adjudicated together. As such, I dont know whether you have to wait till your 485 date is due. When did you file your 485?

Further initiating an enquiry creates a log for a case in their system - and more and more inquiries may also have a or negative impact.

Oh, yeah?

sonpapdi said:
Punjabi_munda,

It is a typo ..

murthy_janaki,

Doesn't your attorney want to talk about it ? They are paid to atleast to do that.

-Sonpapdi

That is only before you sign a contract with them (the Law firm). After your application has been filed, you would do well to expect little/no help. All they would do is direct you to "Processing Times", etc., etc. (short of yelling "don't bug me; can't you see I'm busy?"!)
Moral of the story: It pays to be a Lawyer - than an engineer! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
What did your friend enquire?

VINUGUPTA94 said:
One of my lawyer friend - when contacted BCIS was told that if 140 and 485 cases are filed concurrently, they would get adjudicated together. As such, I dont know whether you have to wait till your 485 date is due. When did you file your 485?

Further initiating an enquiry creates a log for a case in their system - and more and more inquiries may also have a or negative impact.

Did he enquire about purely 'concurrent' cases (with same ND for both Petitions), or "semi-concurrent", too? Further, what would comprise "semi-concurrent"? (In my case, I filed my I-485, 5 months later!)

Applicable to semi-concurrent also - it appears as your 485 is filed before adjudication of 140. This happened with my friends case also and both the cases got adjudicated simultaneously.

My lawyer did a fax inquiry for my case I-140 (RD -sep03) and got the following response:

"Pending- Your case is still pending in-depth review and advisory opinion. Service has not received any response yet and unless the advisory opinion
is completed this case cannot be adjudicated. Please allow additional time for processing."

I don't know what does that mean. Does somebody else got the similar response if so then please post it.

raj_I140 said:
My lawyer did a fax inquiry for my case I-140 (RD -sep03) and got the following response:

"Pending- Your case is still pending in-depth review and advisory opinion. Service has not received any response yet and unless the advisory opinion
is completed this case cannot be adjudicated. Please allow additional time for processing."

I don't know what does that mean. Does somebody else got the similar response if so then please post it.

Is your case missing on the phone system? I haven't got a reply but my RD is around the same time as yours and my lawyer has initiated a fax inquiry.

A little surprise!

VINUGUPTA94 said:
Applicable to semi-concurrent also - it appears as your 485 is filed before adjudication of 140. This happened with my friends case also and both the cases got adjudicated simultaneously.

Ok, my I-140 was approved last month - sans the I-485. Why do you think was that? ...will I now have to go by the I-485 Processing Times? (I hope I am not headed for a black hole!)

raj_I140 said:
Yes my case is also missing on phone system

So I should expect the same canned response. Anyone else have their case missing from the phone system and initiated an inquiry?

raj_140, was your case LC substitution?

Thanks.

whorl1quote said:
how do you guys think about the rumor that opening inquiries may increase chances for RFE?

I don't know about the rumor - but I do know one thing - I hate inactivity. I did rather take my chances with an RFE than wait for these bumps to not sit over my case for years. Honestly I wonder if it is worth the time and effort.

california_gc said:
So I should expect the same canned response. Anyone else have their case missing from the phone system and initiated an inquiry?

raj_140, was your case LC substitution?

Thanks.
No mine is not LC sub.

result of inquiry

My lawyer did an email inquiry for my 140 app:

Due to heightened security, cases have been taking longer than is indicated
in the JIT report. This case is waiting for a response from our standard
security checks. You will be notified when a decision has been made.

140 RD: 25th Sept 2003
145 RD: Jan 20th 2004

Looks like a canned resonse.