Status Enquiry???

netuser1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My ND is April 2002. I called USCIS to find if anything going on with my case, but heard that he cannot access my personal file but can issue a stutus enquiry to the Boston office, where I filed my 485. According to him, if enquiry is issued, I will be hearing from Boston office within 30 days.

I am not quite sure what is this for. Thought u all can help me with this.

So, what is this status enquiry? Is this normal to ask for? Would that affect anything or is that really helpful?

Any suggestions please.

Thanks!

Bogus!

This status inquiry thing is totally bogus ... I have so far filed two status inquiries to VSC and never heard from them again. Everytime I call, they file a new one and ask me to call back in a month, how long will these continue ... only GOD knows. :mad:

AFAIK, status inquiry is something that you initiate when the processing date published on uscis website is at least a month after your RD. When this criteria is met, you can call them up and initiate an inquiry and the idea is that they will take a look at your application and may be adjudicate.

But ...

I do not know if they really respect the status inquiry. Anything and everything is possible with CIS.