Status enquiry msg - Please help

gcfever10

On june 16th I made status enquiry to USICS on my pending i -485. Today i received mail from USICS as below.

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed.All petitions/appliactions received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/appliactions.we can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.we apologize for the delay.

Does it mean my name check is pening oe any thing else? what should i do I mean what should be my next step. Suggestions are really appreciated.

My case

EB2
PD JAn 2001

140 - AP - march2003
485 - ND - JUNE 21 2004
EAD1/AP1 - AP = sept 2004
FP - March 16 2004 - results were snet on asme day. and cahneg in online msg update
waiting for i - 485 approval.

Same message in enquiry

Hi gcfever10,
I made a status enquiry with VSC on May 25 on my pending 485 petition, and received the exact same message in mail yesterday. Can someone please help us in understanding this message.

I did inquiry on my case on 6/15/2005, and got exactly same reply.
The message is very clear that name check is pending and there is nothing much can be done about it except for sending emails and letters to FBI and waiting for reply/action forever.

gcfever10 said:
On june 16th I made status enquiry to USICS on my pending i -485. Today i received mail from USICS as below.

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed.All petitions/appliactions received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/appliactions.we can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.we apologize for the delay.

Does it mean my name check is pening oe any thing else? what should i do I mean what should be my next step. Suggestions are really appreciated.

My case

EB2
PD JAn 2001

140 - AP - march2003
485 - ND - JUNE 21 2004
EAD1/AP1 - AP = sept 2004
FP - March 16 2004 - results were snet on asme day. and cahneg in online msg update
waiting for i - 485 approval.

We did enquiry on 6/6/2005, got the response on 6/24/2005, with identical message, only differnce is, it true for all our applications (self, spouse and kids and 12 year).
This was our 2nd enquiry, When we called first time, they said, my spouse Name check was done, but this time the messages say, still waiting.
Not sure, how much we can trust on the standard reply.

ca98

how to file for FOIPA

On June 17th We(I and my wife)made status enquiry to USICS on our pending I -485. Today we received mail from USICS as below.

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay.

Anyone could please advise how to file FOIPA request?
Do we(I and my wife) have to file FOIPA request separately or we can send one request for both?

Thanks a lot!!!

My husband did an inquiry on his case last month, and we got a letter int he mail with the exact same message about his case being delayed due to pending security checks.

I am the primary applicant and my 485 was approved December 2004.

However, the interesting thing is, that we found out 2-3 months ago that my husband's name check WAS completed and the results were received by USCIS from FBI. So, in his case at least, name check has been completed and he still got the same message in the status inquiry.

No idea what else we can do but wait.

HI Guys,,

I am too stuck with same problem. Made expediate inquiry on my I-140 which is pending from last 2 Yrs (VCS) Got message "The
processing of your petition/application has been delayed. We are awaiting further information from another office to assist us in the final
adjudication of this case. As soon as this information is received, processing will continue on this case"

My finger printing is cleared , also got response from FBI ( security check is done ). I don't knw what for thy are waiting to get cleared I-140 ?????

Can any one tell me, what shall I do.

Status Enquiry

I put a status Enq on the 22nd and today recieved the same message about pending additonial checks by mail. And I got approved on 30th and recieved my card also today . So much for Status Checks :eek:

I enquired on 06/23/2005 regarding my I-485 status (filed in EB3 category on 07/2004 with a PD of 09/2001) and got the letter today with the exact wording.

Does this mean that the case is pending name/security check? I had made the name check inquiry to FBI (Email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) on 05/02/2005 and I haven't received any reply yet. Does anyone know what their processing time frame is ?

Also, I've read people talking about initiating FOIPA request regarding name checks in various threads. Is this any different than sending an email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov ?

Thanks

reply from VSC

I made inquiry on 06/24/2005. I got letter as below. It did not mention anything on security check ???

----------
The processing of your I485 is still pending. This office is experiencing a backlog and apologizes for the delay. If you have not heard from our office in 2 MONTHS, you may want to contact the Service Center at the address listed above."
-------------

What is meaning of this..means name check is done ???

Thanks

I did not get any response from VSC for my status enquire

Hi,

I did not get any response from VSC for my status enquire I made on 06/02/2005 and for my wife on 06/03/2005.

When I called Service Representatives they clearly told me I will get response in 30 days for my enquire.

My priority date is 08/07/2001 and 485 ND 11/07/2003, FP 11/02/2004.

Most of the peoplr in the forum got response 15 - 20 days after their enquire.

Anybody is in the same situation who did not get any response for status enquire after one month from the date.

I am worried what is going on. Please advise.

CLUB-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my general response to all of the posts above:

1. If you did not get a response for your enquiry is about 30 days, give it a few more days and call again. Do not be upset about this... It is normal.

2. Pending security checks response can mean many things for each person. Generally speaking this is due to the incomplete FBI name/dob check. As someone suggested in a previous post, send an email to the fbi email id. I believe it is now taking about 3-4 months to get their response.

I would also suggest that all of you read the Frequently asked questions (Stickly Thread at the top of this page). Most of your questions have detailed/excellent responses from others.

Does anyone have the phone number to call the VCS for Status check handy,i know its in my 485 receipt notice but i don't have it now with me.

Really appreciate your response with the phone number.

I think the inquiries are a waste of time. They are issuing those letters to everybody without even looking at the case. I got the same letter and this time the LUD did not even change.

Ke_park

485 - Pending since June 2003

thanks for the document link, now I can be called Donkey ... (sic) :mad:

:mad:

wow. what a security check.

ummm. what is happening to my I-485 ...