status check - no snail mail received Plz help

gc_imstressed

Registered Users (C)
Dependent called USCIS 1-800 number to check on current status twice.
USCIS sent response both times but we did not receive their snail mail responses (both snail mails got returned to USCIS).

E-mailed USCIS about not receiving snail mail that was sent to us and got reply e-mail requesting us to file for "AR-11". As there was no change in address since applying for I485, we sent AR-11 by listing same address for present and last address.

Any suggestion to address above issue to get the address corrected with USCIS is much appreciated.

Personal suggestion: Always when calling USCIS to check on status through their 1-800 number - please ensure that customer support has made note of address correctly.

Let me share u somthing than u decide.

When an applicant or attorney sent inquery about status to USCIS by phone/regular mail, usually online status change to the following

"We responsed your request on concern about ur case... blah blah, if 30 days passed and u don't get.... blah blah"

That is standard online msg usually trigered by "case status Inquery", "Address change" or any other inquery sent by applicant/attorney on ur behalf, After that usually what happens some ppl DO and some DO NOT get any written letter. its normal.

About ur situation:

It seems that an inquery was made about case status from you/(family), in response they update msg and they sent/did not send letter. that make u in panic situation and u sent email they asked to file AR-11 which shouldn't be file unless u have address change.

Solution:

1. Try to talk directly with ur service center

2. Always try first to use ur Attorney to send/communicate with them because you have authorized him/her to follow ur case by signing G-28 form.

3. You may wish to call 800# and reconfirm your Address.

You do not need to worry about this matter, If you are expecting RFE just keep checking online msg if they issue an RFE.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much PrinceofJungle for responding to my post. Sure, will try my best not to worry about it and keep checking for online msg.

About my situation - you are absolutely right. Upon not receiving snail mails, I e-mailed details to USCIS. They replied with status as stuck in namecheck and instructed to file “ar-11”. Your solution: “2” I tried already but my request was ignored which is fine. I will try your “1” and “3” solution.

Once again, thanks a lot!